Hawaii
Options

A little lost - some recommendations please :) - Lanikuhonua brides especially!

Well, I've been swamped with work, but the wedding has definitely been on my mind.  I do feel a little lost and not sure what I should be working on.  I've been thinking of the little details and feel like I need to do more.  We are getting married in Oahu next Summer.  We're going to Oahu next month, but I feel the pressure of trying to get a wedding date out to the family.  I know there are tons of vendor reviews out there, but I'm a little pressed for time.  I am expecting about 75 people.  Lanikuhonua looks beautiful, but I'm not sure if it fits in my budget.  We are looking at getting married mid-week though to save $$.  If you had a wedding with 50-100 guests, can you please give me an estimate of how much your wedding cost?  Our budget is $12000.  I just want to know if this is possible or if I will have to research other properties.  If you can recommend your wedding coordinator as well, I would appreciate it.  Thanks so much!

Re: A little lost - some recommendations please :) - Lanikuhonua brides especially!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I can't help you with Oahu stuff at all, but you might want to go over to your club board (ie the month/year of your wedding date) - I know mine (Aug09) was SUPER helpful in keeping me on track with what needs to be done next.
  • Options
    MrsNFBMrsNFB member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know there have been a bunch of Oahu brides that had their receptions at Tiki's Bar & Grill and loved it...great for a budget. I'm not sure of their ceremony locations, you may want to look through the HawaiiBrides bio. Here's the website to Tiki's: http://www.tikisgrill.com/ Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think it's definitely possible to do a wedding in Oahu on your budge with 75 people. I would suggest tikis or roys . Also d Halekulani has really good food and has a dinner menu for as low as 52 a person which is pretty good for a five star restaurant they provide a free ceremony and bridal suite for one night if u spend like 6000 dollars. I had 62 guests however the hubby wanted everything first class and we had the ceremony and reception in two different places so we ended up spending 35000 which per person still hurts to think about. Overall i think it's totally doable with your budget just proritize what means most to you as far as spending photography? Food? Location? Etc my best advice is to keep things simple I wish we did. Best of luck
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Do you know where on Oahu you want to get married?  My fiance and I wanted more seclusion, so we went with a private estate on the North Shore (Loulu Palm).  From what I've seen in pictures and heard from other girls, it's gorgeous!  I've had good experiences with the owner, so let me know if you want more info! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I, too, have a small budget. Our date is July 4, 2010 on Oahu. My FI and I fell in love with the pictures on Barry Maier's site. www.hawaii-weddings.com. We're doing sunrise pictures on Sandy Beach and then the ceremony on Waiamanalo Beach at like 9:30AM. Reception is at Tiki's in the Ocean Room since they are so affordable. Thinking about using www.tiersofjoyhawaii.com for the cake. Still trying to figure out flowers... Barry has been great. He doesn't have any packages because so many brides have wanted to customize so much. He can get whatever we want and has given us tons of ideas. And his prices are so wonderful! All in all I think the wedding itself is going to cost under $3K. Now if I can keep the honeymoon under $10K i'll be in good shape!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    destiny1108destiny1108 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations and welcome to the board!   We didn't end up at Lani but did an estate.  Cost wise it would come out to be more than $12K so you may want to consider a restaurant for reception.    Our WC was awesome, Hawaii Weddings and Events.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much for all the great info.  I've spoken with a couple of coordinators...Dianna & KatheE (recommended vendors, thanks knotties!), so I'm starting to feel better.  I'll be looking to everything you guys recommended.  Will give you ann update once I get everything figured out!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards