Hawaii
Options

Oahu- Cheapest place to get Pineapples?

Hey oahu ladies...my FSIL seems to be unsure of where to find the cheapest pineapples in oahu...Maybe Costco? I need like a dozen or more..Just saw some of Sophia's pics from her wedding and her reception centerpieces are so cute with the pineapples too!

Re: Oahu- Cheapest place to get Pineapples?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Costco has pineapples for about $2.59-2.89 on Oahu.  My WC suggested buying them there because they are more uniform than what you might find somewhere else.  She did say that they might be slightly cheaper in Chinatown.She also said to make sure that they are flat/even on the bottom so that they don't roll over!HTH!
  • Options
    diorgrl8diorgrl8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Chinatown! didn't even think of it. This should be interesting trying to round up a dozen pineapples of the same general size and flat botoms! ;) Thanks for the tip!
  • Options
    kwippykwippy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know Don Quixote sells tons of pineapples, but I haven't ever checked the convex-ness of the bottom.  Don Q is open 24/7 in case you're tight on time!p.s. the produce there is not bad, they would even be yummy to eat!
  • Options
    KKakesKKakes member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Butting in on this :) Does any one know the anwer to this question for Maui, the Lahaina area?? Thanks!
  • Options
    diorgrl8diorgrl8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey Kelsey- when we were there last October- there was a farmer's market in Kaanapali/Kapalua area....right next to the Boss Frog's out there..I forget which days they had it, but they had pineapples! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I couldnt agree more with the above poster! make sure the bottoms are flat or have some sand to "wiggle" them into, on some sort of decorative plate/platform/bowl.
  • Options
    inamrainamra member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, we definitely "tested" the pineapples for wobble at the store before we got them =) We only had 6 pineapples for 5 tables so we didn't have to test too many =P We got ours at Safeway but unless it's on sale, it's cheaper at Costco.
    Sept 2008 Wedding | May 2010 & Mar 2012 Babies
  • Options
    destiny1108destiny1108 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we bought pineapples from Costco for our guests welcome basket and were happy with them.  Think they were like $2.49
  • Options
    MrsIHMrsIH member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would definitely suggest Costco as well... Obviously NOT in Waikiki, they charge like $5 for a piece of pineapple, crazy! :)
    I love Hawaii!

Tara & Ian . 4/24/2008 . The Kahala Planning . Married

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards