Hawaii

Travel agent - referrals appreciated

Hi everyone,     You were all so helpful when I was in need of wedding coordinator referrals.  I would really love to hear of any great travel agents that helped you & your family get great deals!  Once we finally decided on our wedding date, all the questions are rolling in and everyone wants to schedule now.  We are getting married at Lanikuhonua in August 2010!!!  Starting to get really excited and don't want to really work anymore, except on the wedding of course :).  I feel like I can stay on these boards forever!!  Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Re: Travel agent - referrals appreciated

• junkoandoscarjunkoandoscar member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I highly recommend Darryl Wong, a Oahu-based travel agent. He helped with our hotel accomodations as well as retal cars. He's super responsive and always try his best to get you the best deal. More importantly, he's such a sweet person! His email address is WOUGIES at aol.com. Good luck!
  • maui2011maui2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Do you really require a travel agent?  Re: airfare if you have numerous guests leaving from the same area around the same time then you could get a group discount from the airline.  Re: accommodations you can research hotels in the area you would like to stay in and ask for a block rate, look at timeshares as well such as the Marriott in Kolina or the Hilton in Waikiki...you can sometimes rent "villas" which are like condos/apartments in that they have a full kitchen with 1, 2 or 3 bedroom layouts...you save a lot of money on food and several couples can share a unit, and there is always vrbo where you can rent out condos for a good price as you deal directly with the owner.  It takes some time but you and your guests can save a lot of money.  J. :-)
  • edited December 2011
    Hello.I've worked in the industry many years (don't anymore), but I can recommend someone to you, if your interested.  email me at Ruth41272@aol.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards