Hawaii

NWR: work vent

I don't really ever vent on here but I am so worked up that my hands are shaking.  I work as an independent contractor for a company as a physical therapist.  I am required to fax in my notes on a regular basis and the company is responsible for the billing through insurance.  Well...they are blaming me for their failure to bill a patient's insurance company within a 90 day window saying that they were unable to bill due to my failure to fax in the notes.  They withheld $480 from my paycheck today for the entire course of treatment for this patient that they did not bill for!  First, the notes were faxed and second it is not my problem that the office is a bunch of incompetent B**** who can't do their job!  I wish I knew an attorney because I bet this is some sort of breach of contract! Ok, thanks for letting me vent.  Phew, I am already calmer.

Re: NWR: work vent

• maui2011maui2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Amy, do you still have your fax receipt stating that the fax was received by them?  That is your proof that you sent it.  If not, keep every fax receipt for at least six months to one year so they cannot do this again.  Could you also not request a copy of their phone bill for that period to show the faxes sent and received or a copy of your bill? J.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards