Hawaii

Officially a two dress, three veil bride!

I can't believe it! I am that bride.
Just a little recap, when I first started looking for dresses, I fell in love, love, love with Jim Hjelm's dresses but they were way out of my price range. Therefore, I threw that idea out the door. Then, FI and I went to a silent wedding auction last year were I won a $1000 gift certificate to a beautiful bridal store here in MN. I went shopping with my ladies and of course felt pressured to buy from this store because I could pretty much get the dress for free. I found a beautiful Justin Alexander gown that I liked, liked, liked, but didn't love, love, love. I never got that feeling of, this is the one. So months went on and I was always a little bummed that I had some reservations about my dress. Of course watching 'Say Yes to the Dress' doesn't help. I thought that perhaps I just wasn't a bride who would have that feeling.
Yesterday I got a little psycho and was crusing the internet. I found someone who makes replicas of my dream Jim Hjelm dress! She sent me a pic of the replica and it is pretty much exactly like the original one and she said she can get it to me in enough time prior to my March wedding. So I did it, I bought a second dress! I have never been so excited before, well except for FI's proposal. This is the dress that I love, love, love!
Looks like my first dress, along with my first two veils will be selling on ebay baby! I'll be a tad sad to see it go but perhaps it is the dream dress for someone else.
Check out the pics of my new dress:

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Officially a two dress, three veil bride!

• ETweetETweet member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh, P.S. the pics I posted are pics from the Jim Hjelm website, not from the woman who is making my dress. She had all sorts of watermarks stamped on the pics so it was difficult to see.
  • edited December 2011
    That dress is stunning! I'm glad you got the one that you love love love :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    You picked a beautiful Dress! I have the exact same replica!
    I am however adding fuschia sash and brooch. :)
    http://tinyurl.com/27hpnuk Christie & Daryl, May 10, 2010 - Paradise Cove, Oahu, Hawaii
  • edited December 2011
    i love jim hjelm dresses too, but way out of my budget.  i had the dress you picked tagged as one of my favorites too.  i can't wait to see how your replica turns out.  congrats on getting THE one!!!!!
  • edited December 2011
    so so pretty!!!  I love it!
  • edited December 2011
  • sarahestsarahest member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Such a pretty dress!  And I'm a three veil bride too - or at least I would have been if I ever constructed the DIY ones I planned to make.  I have enough supplies to make several veils, but I was mostly apathetic until I found the real deal by luck.  It's very okay to be a two dress/three veil bride. :]
  • edited December 2011
    I love the Jim Hjelm dress. Can't wait to see how yours turns out.
  • mauidandymauidandy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Eeeee!!!! Beth that dress is stunning....I tried it on too and couldn't afford it! I'm so happy for you, and hey..you didn't pay for the first one so you should have no guilt at all! Funny how things work out! Can't wait to see it on you :)
    andrea and ryan . june 2010 . maui.olowalu
    My Planning Bio
  • bulinbulin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i know what you mean.  i am a 2 dress, 3 pairs of shoes bride :) hahaha
  • edited December 2011
    Wow, gorgeous Beth!  I can't wait to see the final product!  And I am now on my third dress, too.  Third's a charm I suppose!  First I had that JCrew dress (returned it 2 weeks ago...at least I got store credit), then I "hired" a designer, then was too impatient and went to the boutique and found a dress I loved.  Ha!

Keep us posted!
    image imageimage Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Anniversary
  • ETweetETweet member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Haha! Now I don't feel so bad!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards