Hawaii
Options

Planning help please! Re: when to book transportation

Ok fellow knotties, since I am planning this wedding on my own... when is a good time to book our shuttle for transporting our guests to and from the ceremony and reception site?

Also, many guests will be from OOT and not sure how many will be going for sure.  So how do you do a head count of how many people you would need for transportation :( Mahalos!!

Re: Planning help please! Re: when to book transportation

• Options
    destiny1108destiny1108 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we booked ours about 3 months out, by then we had a good idea on who would be able to come and who couldn't
  • Options
    AKWinterBrideAKWinterBride member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well, we are getting married in July and I am sending out our invitations on Monday!  At this point, our guests know if they are coming or not and we wanted to have final numbers before we made decisions about appetizers and alcohol.  So, we will have our final RSVP by April 1st, so we will have lots of time to switch things around as we see fit. 
    Photobucket Photobucket Anniversary
  • Options
    55pawsh55pawsh member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree 2-3 months out is good, however it really depends on which comapny you're going with.  You may also want to take into consideration whether you're getting married on a more popular day (weekend/holiday vs weekday).  From talking to the various comapnies, the larger the company the less lead time they needed.  Also, some companies were willing to let us downgrade to a smaller vehicle if we needed to prior to the actual day.

If you're getting married on Oahu I have a list of a few places we contacted and their prices if you're interested.

HTH!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm in the same boat! Just now planning my guest transportation for my 4/25 wedding.  I think 2 months out is fine ; )

55pawsh - would love to take a look at your Oahu prices info if you'd be willing to share! My email is ryancharlottewedding at gmail dot com

TIA!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I should also look into transportation too!

@55pawsh- if you dont mind sharing the price info with me also, that would be great. My email address is l_shum587 at yahoo dot com .
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ok thanks soo much for all the advice!  Our date is 10/21/2011 and I am getting started on the invites.  There are just a lot of guests who say yea, yea we'll be there.... not so much close friends or family, so there is always that room for them not making it.  Anyways, I figure we can get all the RSVP's by June then work from there.  I would really hate to book a 35 pasenger shuttle and then would only need a 25 passenger and have wasted $200+ :(  We initially thought about limos, but i think having a shuttle/motorcoach will keep everyone together.

55pawsh: I would love for you to forward some rates!  My e-mail is at alohagurl13@gmail.com -- thanks soo much!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards