Hawaii

help...wedding websites :)

have you created a wedding website for your guests?  I'm thinking of starting one but so not sure where to begin.... :)  what are good websites that you've used and how was the traffic of your website...did people actually check it out or would you rather spend your time doing other things? :) hehe

TIA!
Todd & Cari
7.23.2011~Hale Koa Hotel

Re: help...wedding websites :)

• edited December 2011
    we used wedding window :)

i've had a lot of ppl look at it. but the older generation (my parents) - not as much.
  • 55pawsh55pawsh member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used Project Wedding's free site.  It was super easy to use which is a plus since  I'm so not techy.  We mainly used it for out of town guests... I'm not sure if we can see how many people visited, but from calls we got seems like they were mostly younger people like Cai mentioned.
  • edited December 2011
    We did ours using googlesites. It was really easy!

http://sites.google.com/site/alysonandphil/
  • edited December 2011
    We used mywedding.com.  Go ahead and check out our site--link below.  You can track how many visit your site.  You can reset the number after you've made an announcement, etc.  It's been said before, but no matter what you put on your website, you're better off putting it in a mailing as well.
  • edited December 2011
    We used mywedding.com as well.

Here's ours:
    image imageimage Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Anniversary
  • carrieoz_76carrieoz_76 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ours is on mywedding.com, as are our RSVPs.  I really like it, and it's been really easy to use.  So far, about half the folks who I think are coming have RSVP-ed on it, but they have another month.  

We've had over 130 separate views of the website in the 9 mos. it's been up.  Not everyone looks at it, but some people do, and I think they appreciate having it as a resource.
  • aliblualiblu member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used weebly.com

Mine is rarickterrywedding.weebly.com

if you want to take a look! Thanks!
    AliBlu | 6.8.2011 | My Bio-Updated 3/3
    Visit Maui.Weddings.com Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ETweetETweet member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used mywedding.com . It was free and extremely easy to put together. Our guests absolutely loved it too. For the actual wedding we created a share site through Shutterfly. I am sure we could have done something similar through mywedding but liked that our guests could add pictures of their time during our wedding week.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    we are using ewedding.com which allows us to password protect our site!

since we've had it up (about 7 months now) we've had about 120 views. I'm sure that there will be more once we send out our invitations (we put it on the directions card).

I think it's a fun way to communicate with your guests, especially since so many people use the internet now. They can find out your story, how you got engaged, and about the wedding party/what to wear/directions/places to stay for the OOTers, etc.
  • AKWinterBrideAKWinterBride member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our wedding guests are primarily family and not computer savvy, and I really have no interest in setting one up, so we are not having one.  If I were having a wedding with more of our younger friends I probably would for RSVP purposes, but nah, we aren't. 
    Photobucket Photobucket Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks girls :) i'm going to have to check them all out as soon as summer school is over which is tomorrow! HURRAY :) hehe
    Todd & Cari
    7.23.2011~Hale Koa Hotel
  • edited December 2011
    sorry I know it's really late but we are using weddingwire -
    www.weddingwire.com/jesseneawayne

We can keep track on how many people have viewed it - though it's an average size wedding it's been viewed a lot.  We have been able to provide a lot of info through that.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards