Hawaii
Options

Flowers Questions

1. How much are you spending on flowers?
2. What are you getting for that price?
3. Any must have flowers in that list?
4. What vibe are you going for?

Re: Flowers Questions

• Options
    edited December 2011
    1. How much are you spending on flowers? $1,200
    2. What are you getting for that price? 500 roses, 25 carnations, 3 orchids for my hair, 1 bridal bouquet, 4 BM bouquets, maile for FI, 7 micronesian ginger leis, 1 pikake lei, 6 orchid leis and 9lbs of roses petals. plus delivery.
    3. Any must have flowers in that list? hmmm.. pikake lei?! love the smell :)
    4. What vibe are you going for? casual. nothing too extravagant. my aunts are putting together the centerpieces to save money. flowers die :( esp in the hot hawaiian sun.

:)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    caiandcullen check your PM's regarding vases

-Missy
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1. How much are you spending on flowers? $2650
    2. What are you getting for that price? Bridal bouquet: white lilies, roses; 2xbridesmaid bouquets: flame calla lily; 7 centerpieces & vase rental (each has at least 5 vases & flowers); petals; 2 large alter urns; cocktail table pieces.
    3. Any must have flowers in that list? Everything :)
    4. What vibe are you going for? Classic Elegance
  • Options
    carrieoz_76carrieoz_76 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow.  I feel like we're going totally cheap.  Flowers were just not our priority, and we're DIY-ing centerpieces and BM bouquets.

1. How much are you spending on flowers? $450
    2. What are you getting for that price? My bouquet, 3 stems of cymbidium orchids, 2 bnches of greenery, 1 bunch of dendrobium orchids, 11 bunches of pink mokara orchids, 3 kukui nut necklaces w/ mock orange, 4 dendrobium leis, 1 maile lei, 1 bag of 120 orchid blooms
    3. Any must have flowers in that list?  The orchids - they say Hawaii to me
    4. What vibe are you going for? fun and pretty
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I should probably answer my own poll!

1. How much are you spending on flowers? We spent about 800$
    2. What are you getting for that price? My bouquet, 4 centerpieces (of 3 arrangements each), groom's lei, bride's lei
    3. Any must have flowers in that list? Orchids! I love orchids like no tomorrow. I just bought some to decorate our apartment.
    4. What vibe are you going for? Organic, elegant without being fussy.
  • Options
    misslolmisslol member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I glad this post is here - we're just starting to talk flowers and I now believe we can get what we want in our $1000 budget :)
    December Siggy Challenge
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Where we met - Mount Isa
    a small mining town in the Australian Outback. Neither of us are from there but we both moved there in the second last year of highschool. He was moved next to me in maths class to stop him talking. It didn't work.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1. How much are you spending on flowers? We've been quoted about $1600, but with discounts (military and buying giftcards at Costco) we will only really be paying about $1120
    2. What are you getting for that price? bride bouquet and 5 BMs bouquets, groom and 4GM bouts, leis for FI and I, 12 assorted leis for family, pastor, etc., 12 pew bouquets of assorted flowers which will double as CPs, a case or two of orchid heads for the aisle, and about 20 sprays of orchids to decorate the reception venue.
    3. Any must have flowers in that list? we're doing all white with some greens: freesia, roses, ranunculus, crown flower, orchids and lisanthius.
    4. What vibe are you going for? romantic garden
  • Options
    burichanburichan member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. How much are you spending on flowers?
    $2400

2. What are you getting for that price?

1 groom lei
    1 bouquet
    6 bridesmaids
    4 parents lei
    aisle runner, flower girl flowers
    8 centerpeices
    7 hair flowers
    flowers for the cake

3. Any must have flowers in that list?
    no roses... I wanted them to be all tropical.

4. What vibe are you going for?
    bright and tropical
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards