Hawaii

New to Board - Looking for feedback on Event Masters

Hello,

I am new to the board and just recently engaged : ) My fiance and I are planning to hold our wedding in Maui next August and have just started to dive into all of the planning details.  We of course, now have a ton of questions!

We have been looking into various planners and venue options and a company called Event Masters has provided us with a nice quote, but I'm a bit concerned because I can't seem to find feedback or reviews of them anywhere other than their website.  Has anyone used these guys before?

Thanks in advance!
Heidi

Re: New to Board - Looking for feedback on Event Masters

• carrieoz_76carrieoz_76 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations on your engagement and welcome to the board!

I've never heard of the company you're asking about, and I don't think I've ever seen anyone on this board mention them.  If I were you, I'd look on the Hawaii Better Business Bureau website to see if the company (and the person running it) have any complaints against them lodged there.  Also, just try searching in Google the company name and the person's name, followed by "reviews".

If you've got time, it doesn't hurt to shop around just to make sure you know what's out there before making a decision.  As exciting as it can be to start making decisions early, some decisions are hard to change later on (like when you sign a contract), so it's always best to make an informed decision.
  • hsleephsleep member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Thank you! We have tried searching Google, as well as a number of forums including TripAdvisor with no luck. I'll check the Business Bureau that's a great suggestion! We have also been talking with Jackie from Tropical Maui Weddings and expect to have a quote from them next week. I've seen a lot of good reviews for them on here.

Thanks again!

• carrieoz_76carrieoz_76 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well, I have only good things to say about Jackie and Tropical Maui Weddings.  More info in my bio, if you'd like to check it out.  Good luck looking around!
  • sparklygoofansparklygoofan member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Carrie, I love your bio and your whole wedding vibe.  It looks like it was a wonderful time and I'm going to look into the Pineapple Inn!

As for Event Masters, I just stumbled upon them today!  If you hear anything good or bad, please post it, it looks like they have some great venues!

Take care and good luck!
  • kjyciyjkjyciyj member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    TMW is a bit on the expensive side, as they will suggest cheaper options but not do any of the work to help on any items for you out of their "menu".  Make sure you don't get involved with a lady named Lori there, the owner, she will constantly forget what you guys talked about.

I've never heard of Event Masters either.  Their website looks promising, but it's smart you're doing your research.  Good luck with that!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards