Hawaii

Photographer Rec for Honeymoon

Hello Hawaii Knotties!

I am getting married in Dallas, but my fiance and I will be honeymooning on Waikiki Beach this June--we've never been and I am so excited!

I am a HUGE photography nut, and I would love to take some photos while we are on our honeymoon.

Does anyone recommend a Honolulu photographer? We'd like to pay under $250 and having a CD of photos with printing rights is a must. I checked out a few of the photographers on the Hawaii Vendors Bio and Cassandra Dieterle looks good--any experience with her?

Also, I've never been to Hawaii, so if anyone familiar with the area could give me pointers on locations to shoot, that would be awesome. We're staying at the Halekulani on Waikiki, and their grounds look beautiful, but I want to check with them first before we start taking pictures--they seem like they are on the stuffy side. Of course I want some beach shots, but I've heard Waikiki is pretty crowded?  Does it get better around sunset?

Thanks so much!

Re: Photographer Rec for Honeymoon

• edited December 2011
    I have no idea how much she charges for an hour long shoot, but my photog Joanna Tano just moved to Oahu. You can see our TTD pics in my siggy link, if you're curious.
  • edited December 2011
    Heya,
    I can highly recommend Barbara at Terra Photography.
    Very reasonably priced, details on her website.
    http://tinyurl.com/27hpnuk Christie & Daryl, May 10, 2010 - Paradise Cove, Oahu, Hawaii
  • edited December 2011
    Ooh...kaesha's photographer is awesome.  You might also want to check out Rachel Robertson or Christie Pham.
  • NiiickyNiiicky member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My faves are AinaKai Photography, Visionari and James Rubio. James is based on the Big Island. AinaKai and Visionari are based on Oahu. All three are fab.
  • edited December 2011
    To add to the last post on here: Visionari is great but a bit pricier then what you were looking for.. I would suggest Dulce by Visionari which is pretty much the same thing. Dulce gives you copyrighted cd with your coloredited photos instead of prints. We used them for our Epics and loved the experience. We will be hiring them for our wedding.

here are our e pics: http://ilovedulce.com/erin_toby_engagement/
    BFP #1 11/07/2012 EDD 07/09/2013 M/C 11/22/2012

BFP #2 02/05/2013 EDD 09/19/2013

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• edited December 2011
    Oh and waikiki in the summer is crowded regardless as to the time of day...but, being an island, there are other beaches you can go to in order to get more private pics... and Dulce volunteered to take us there, though we decided to go with the beach behind our house.
    BFP #1 11/07/2012 EDD 07/09/2013 M/C 11/22/2012

BFP #2 02/05/2013 EDD 09/19/2013

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Jay+MarissaJay+Marissa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much!
  • edited December 2011
    I've been considering joanna tano, barbara gibson (terra photography), and chrissy lambert (chrissylambert.com), among others. I've gotten quotes from all three and they seem similarly priced, at least for what I was requesting. I also really like gordon nash and frank amodo, but haven't gotten quotes from them yet.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards