Hawaii

Chapel lenght veil + lei exchange = hmmm

Ladies, for those of you who chose a chapel length veil and had the lei exchange ceremony, how did you handle it. Did you have one of the bridesmaids just pull the entire veil out after the lei was placed on?

TIA

Re: Chapel lenght veil + lei exchange = hmmm

• edited December 2011
    I think a lot of people get the leis that have a ribbon at the back to tie it on.
  • edited December 2011
    we were just going to have one of my MOHs pull out the veil after DH put the lei on.

BUT. the day of the wedding i had to make a game time decision - and couldn't wear the veil because it was too windy. sometimes it gets windy outdoors (tradewinds).
    so i took some pics in the suite with it on and just brought it in case... but no, too windy :(
  • lindskalindska member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We hadn't thought it through before the ceremony- and then suddenly it was time for us to do the exchange!  My MOH just guided the veil through the lei - it was pretty painless and we didn't have any problems at all.... (although that would have been pretty helpful to have had a simple ribbon lei now that I think about it).
    lindsay and kaata - june 21, 2010 - lani phase II my planning bio
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies. I had no idea that they could create a lei with a ribbon. That's great.
  • lindskalindska member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    oh my gosh, this is so random, but i have just looked closely at some of our pictures, and I just noticed that my lei DID have a ribbon! I can't believe that we didn't take advantage of that bad boy! what nimrods, seriously! hahaha, ooops.......Embarassed
    lindsay and kaata - june 21, 2010 - lani phase II my planning bio
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards