Hawaii

Bridesmaids

I just need to relate to some girls on this matter. I love all of my bridesmaids. One of them, however, has been quite absent in my friendship as of late. I asked her to be a bridesmaid well over a year ago and since then it seems as her interest in me as a friend has waned. I'm a little hurt by it.. but I promised myself I'd allow myself to whine for a week and get over it so it doesn't ruin my wedding.

There isn't any huge drama... but I feel like I'm not as important to her as she is important to me. Has anyone else gone through this experience?

Re: Bridesmaids

• fabutanfabutan member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Yes, I definitely relate to you!  In my case, I asked my cousin to be my BM and she's been somewhat distant/absent since then too.  :(  Given that we live in different cities, but it seems like we have even less contact than before! 

What's worse is that she hasn't even formally replied my "will you be my BM" card yet.  I'm not sure what to do about it either...  Any advice from other knotties?

• ETweetETweet member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh honey, I am sorry you feel this way. I can relate as I have been in a similar position, only opposite, where I was the bridesmaid. Sometimes it's just that life gets hectic and it feels as if friendships drift apart for a time. Perhaps you could initiate more frequent phone calls or lunch dates to catch up and connect again. Good luck to you!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards