Ohio-Columbus

Suggestions for where to take engagement pics!

Hi everyone! I am new to the board and need your help! My fiance and I are going to take our engagement picture two weeks from tomorrow and need some great ideas on where to take them...any suggestions?! Thank you! Meg

Re: Suggestions for where to take engagement pics!

• edited December 2011
    We're taking ours in the Short North and Goodale Park in a couple of weeks. We've lived in the Short North for over 3 years, so for us to have our pictures where we've made a home is perfect. We're city people, but if you want a more natural setting, Hocking Hills or Jeffrey Mansion/Park would be great for pics this time of year. Our photographer is using the pics from the engagement session and creating a guest book. Wherever you go, the pictures taken this Fall would be great to share with your guests at the wedding.
  • kerrkerr member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Here are some of the more popular locations: Franklin Park Conservatory, The State House, Short North or downtown area, Taylor Mansion, Park of Roses, German Village.
  • edited December 2011
    Believe it or not we went to Wal-Mart. Depending on how many pictures you need, you can get a nice package for less than $50. Ours turned out so good we ended up buying the biggest package. We got a lot of free prints as well as a CD of the pictures taken. I can use that to send pics over e-mail, print what I need, send them to the newspapers, etc.
  • femmefatal1femmefatal1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We went to old Hilliard... it was the Photographers rec (brilliant by the way) and we also went to the franklin county fair... if you want to see our pics they are here: east avenue studios dot com clients> pass: marquardt-greene the first part is in old Hilliard, the second at the fair. Have a good time!! :)
  • toastie624toastie624 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We got ours done around North Bank and Battelle Park, and around the Arena District. North Bank is awesome with the view of the city, but the last couple weeks there have been weddings that have closed it down. Other than that, think about if you would rather get pics done at a park (greenery, natural, etc), or at a more urban setting (brick areas, buildings, etc)? Even if you prefer both, that would still narrow down the places, and you'll have a better idea. Maybe you could ask your photographer if they recommend any places?Either way, good luck, and have fun! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards