Hawaii

wedding in Hawaii

i plan on getting married in hawaii, but im torn between Maui and Oahu, Ive heard good and bad about both, but ive never been to either. anyone have an opinion?

Re: wedding in Hawaii

• edited December 2011
    I'm sure you'll get lots of opinions, but you can't really go wrong.  Maui and Oahu are both quite popular for weddings.  It really depends on what you & your guests are going for.  Oahu has a wider range of city-to-nature options, and naturally more vendor options (we are flying at least 1 vendor over from Oahu).  We chose Maui for personal reasons - it was where we went on our first vacation together.
  • destiny1108destiny1108 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we ended up choosing Oahu as it was the first time for most of our guests and there seemed to be more activities for our guests to do there.   It was lovely, we stayed on the North Shore (away from things) and our guests stayed in different places (hotels, vacation rentals, etc.)
  • breanessbreaness member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    From everything I hear, you can't go wrong no matter which island you pick!

We were torn between Maui and Kauai, but ended up going with Maui since we'll be just "maui'd" and we think that's adorable. We're going to spend our whole trip on Maui. There's just so much to do!
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah, I don't think you can go wrong either! But, I'm curious, what bad stuff have you heard about both?
  • AKWinterBrideAKWinterBride member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are getting married in Maui as we have been there together several times, so it's special to us.  We are then leaving to go to Oahu for the week after our wedding as a little honeymoon.  I really enjoy both islands.  Maui is definitely more slow paced, but since I live in a place that doesn't have a real big city, we enjoy Honolulu and Waikiki as well.  It's definitely different then Maui, but I have no complaints about either island. 
    Photobucket Photobucket Anniversary
  • ariemueariemue member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married in Maui, it's just beautiful! We are doing something intimate and simple on the beach.
  • edited December 2011
    We chose Maui because none of our guests have been there and I think it has a great feel of populated vs. unpopulated, depending on where you are going.  We are going to honeymoon on Kauai and Oahu...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards