Hawaii

Question about engagement pic and save the dates

Our wedding will be in March'13 

How many months in advanced did you had your engagement photos take and sent out the save the dates.

Re: Question about engagement pic and save the dates

• We didn't do e-photos, but we sent out STD's about a year out.  We wanted to give people as much time as possible to book and plan if they wanted to come

• We are getting married in December 2012, had our engagement photos done back in September 2011 just because that's when the weather is best in SF (where we took photos), and we're planning to send the save-the-dates in April while in Hawaii so it will be postmarked there. I did end up using a photo from our e-session for our STD's. So, April comes out to 8 months til the wedding. Then sending out our invites in October...HTH!
    DW Siggy Challenge
    Dream Honeymoon Destination: Bora Bora

My Planning Bio *updated 04/10/12*

Visit Maui.Weddings.com
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We were engaged for one year but it took us a few months to figure out when and where we wanted to have our wedding. So once we decided and booked our venue we then sent out save the date emails about 8-9 months in advance and the invitations 4 months in advance. We didn't do engagement pics!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited February 2012
    Save the dates are normally sent 6-9 months out, sometimes up to a year in exceptional circumstances (eg, difficult destination) but much beyond that may be pointless depending on your crowd. 

We sent our STDs at 6 months, and sent the official invitations at 2 months.  We never took any engagement pics so I don't have a good timeline for that.
  • We got officially engaged Feb '11, but we'd been planning for 6 months before that. We sent out STD exactly 1 year before the wedding and had our engagement pictures in Sept. We sent out boarding pass STDs so we weren't planning on using our pictures for those. However, we did use them for our AHR STD.
  • Our wedding is July 7, and we sent our's this past September/October. However, we took our engagement picture's in July that we used on our save the date.So I suppose 9-10 months in advance. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards