Hawaii

Negotiating H&M prices

Did any of you score a good deal with your H&M people? I have 5 bridesmaids, my mom, FI's mom, and my grandma who all want their hair done....plus me.

The vendor I  REALLY want is charging $125 for me, $95 for each bridesmaid, $75 for the moms....plus a $75 travel fee and a $30 fee for hair flowers.

That is $930, plus tip.....that's crazy to me!!! I know things are more expensive in Hawaii, but I can't believe someone can charge that much to do hair and still sleep at night.

I want to negotiate for a lower price because he does fabulous work....but I suck at it and don't know what a reasonable offer would be.

Anyone have their bridal party use The Westin spa for hair? I've also checked out Jean Muldoon and she's about $20 cheaper per person.
andrea and ryan . june 2010 . maui.olowalu
My Planning Bio

Re: Negotiating H&M prices

• edited December 2011

I used Jean and let me tell you she is AMAZING, so fast and efficient and does great great work....she does not charge extra for hair flowers or travel, and one of my BM's needed like a large hair flower at the base of her neck and she gave it to her for free!!! I seriously loved loved loved Jean. I would say go with her! She might even cut you a deal, just ask her. I would just say here is how many hair and make-ups I need what can you do on pricing??? If you want pics of my bridal party let me know!

• mauidandymauidandy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Tifani, I would love to see pictures of everything she did! Can you email me akurys at cvic.com? TIA!

andrea and ryan . june 2010 . maui.olowalu
    My Planning Bio
  • edited December 2011
    YGM!!!
  • edited December 2011
    I would also look into Studio 220 in Lahaina.  They gave me the cheapest rates but in the end my BP went with the salon at the Hyatt since that's where I was having mine done (included in my package).  I was able to negotiate a 20% discount for my BP since I was having my ceremony there and my WC knew my BMs were looking for something cheaper.
  • edited December 2011
    Oh! I forgot to mention that for that many ppl, Studio 220 might not charge a travel fee.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards