Hawaii

Wedding Nightmare

I experienced my first wedding nightmare last night.  AHHH it totally woke me up and made me feel anxious and paranoid about this wedding.  In my dream apparently the clocks were set wrong so we were an hour behind.  Guests were texting me saying they were at the reception waiting, it was 5:30 but my clock said 4:30.  I go to the reception area and guest are being feed steak and hash browns when its suppose to be a buffet dinner.  Then I realize I don't have my dress on and it's laying on the ground by the hotel pool. I rush downstairs and find my grandmother, who doesn't even realize what day it was and so I had to help her back up stairs.  Then I woke up...thank goodness it was only a dream.

Any one else experience a wedding related nightmare?
Ally & Mar | 08.09.10 | The Coconut Club, Oahu
Planning Bio-updated 06/07 | Married Bio & For SALE items

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Wedding Nightmare

• edited December 2011
    I had one (thankfully just one) during the planning process. I dreamt it was the wedding day, we'd just arrived in Hawai'i and none of my vendors showed up... because I'd forgotten to book them. Right before I woke up, I remember telling someone in my dream: "How did I forget to book a caterer? That's ridiculously unorganized!"
  • edited December 2011
    hahaha.  yes, i had a few during the planning process too.  one of them was that it was wedding day and everything was set-up, all vendors in place...but i forgot to send out invitations, so there were no guests!  i spent the next couple days getting my butt in gear to work on my DIY invitations!!!
  • ETweetETweet member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had them a lot as the wedding got closer. Most of them were similar to yours where I wasn't ready AT ALL and where everything was screwed up, like my hair person did a horrible job and my dress wasn't my dress and stuff. I promise, on your day it will be a good dream!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Oh, poor thing! I don't like the wedding nightmares.  I've had a couple, but all along the same lines: We start hair & makeup too late, which means we're very very late to the wedding, or in my most recent I arrived at the ceremony with a ponytail.  And, since we're having a friend conduct the ceremony, the nightmare continues when he doesn't know what to say, and we haven't written our vows....yikes!
  • edited December 2011
    i just had one the other night where my engagement turned into a toy ring and all the diamonds fell off (its an antique ring, so it doesn't look like the traditional solitaire)
  • edited December 2011
    No thank God I have not had any - I think I'd wake up crying hahaha
  • fabutanfabutan member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Haven't had any nightmares yet either, thank goodness!  But who knows, as the big day gets nearer....   ;-)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards