Hawaii

Software for Invitations

Does anyone have suggestions for free graphics software that can be used to create invitations?

Re: Software for Invitations

• mocha beansmocha beans member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you're ambitious and have an idea of what you want, you can download a trial version of Adobe InDesign and/or Illustrator for 30 days.  It's not the easiest software to figure out, but Adobe has some pretty good walk-throughs on their website to help with the basic stuff.  It is very powerful, and there pretty much isn't anything you can't do with it.

Otherwise, there's always Publisher that many people use.
  • carrieoz_76carrieoz_76 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used GIMP, which is a free open source image manipulation program.  I was able to design what I wanted.  But I haven't printed it yet, so I haven't tested it out to make sure that when it converts to a jpg file it looks how I want it to look.
  • edited December 2011
    I used photoshop - but it took me a good 8 months to really figure out how to use the program.
  • lwav8176lwav8176 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Thanks for the suggestions.

A good friend of mine has recently started an invitation business and I was originally going with her until I received the quote. 70% more then I told her I wanted to spend (and I based my original figure of what I could get the same look for off etsy), AND she didn't want to have her designer create anything for me to see until I committed, so I didn't even know what the final look would be. Needless to say after an awkward conversation, I am back to the starting point and I need to get these done ASAP. ugh.

Just needed to vent...

• edited December 2011
    Ooh, bummer. I think it's definitely time for etsy then.
  • edited December 2011
    You might try Mountaincow software -- they are associated with the Envelopements line of custom invitations.  It looks a lot more user-friendly than Photoshop.  http://www.mountaincow.com/shop.SW.html
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards