Hawaii

Groom & Groomsman Attire

Just wondering what your plans are...

What are your men wearing? I keep going back and forth between a tux/ just vests/ just a nice shirt. Where are you shopping for attire? Are are you renting from a vendor on the island? Or bringing everything with you?

Re: Groom & Groomsman Attire

• DH and his best man wore off the rack suits from Macy's.  Suits + shirts + ties.  Not as fancy as a tux, not as casual as just a shirt -- seemed to fit our overall style.  We were able to get a great price with all of Macy's regular coupons, and the charcoal suit is one they'll be able to wear over & over again (already saw the BM wear it at another wedding, LOL).  We bought them at home & had them tailored to fit and traveled with them.
  • We originally bought my FI a gray suit at Banana Republic... neither of us thought to have him try it on before we moved here... needless to say he tried it on 2 weeks ago and the lazy Hawaiian lifestyle mixed with drinks he's put on a few pounds and it doesn't fit anymore haha!! After we dragged it all the way here.

So we went out and got an alternative... Dress pants and a vest from Express (the only place we could find all gray-- a vest with no black back). It actually worked out for the better because a suit would have been really hot for him to wear. People literally wear any of what you mentioned, tux, suit, vests, casual shirt, depends on your taste.

There are tons of options on the island (Oahu), so if you don't bring something you will be able to find something here! There are lots of stores at the mall, a Men's Wearhouse (you can rent from them), a Nordstrom Rack, and lots of places that will do last minute alterations. However, if you have something very specific in mind, I would save the stress and bring it with you because you may not find it here.

Good luck!
  • The guys all got this suit:  http://www.josbank.com/menswear/shop/Product_11001_10050_301722 (black and white checked version of it).  It goes on sale randomly, as do a lot of the other suits on the Jos A Bank site.
  • Thanks for the tips! :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards