Hawaii
Options

Marriage Certificate

Hi all!

I tried searching for this topic and was having trouble looking through the post.

I'm frantic trying to get my Marriage Certificate. I just requested another copy of my certificate the other day online. Does anyone know how long it takes when you go through that process? I read that it could be within a week somewhere. Is that true? It sounds impossible!

Re: Marriage Certificate

• Options
    edited December 2011
    mmmm... we ordered ours about 3 weeks ago and it arrived on saturday.

the DoH says you should expect it to take 60-120 days for the original but ours was only ~5 weeks (with extra copies ordered online a few weeks ago).
    when did you or your officiant turn it in to the DoH?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We didn't pay for the expediated service, so it took us 2 months to get ours.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    wow kaesha.. so does that mean that if you wanted to change your last name with all the various places (credit cards, banks, license, etc) you have to wait 2 months to get those certificates?!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yep, it does! But, since I didn't want to change my name, it wasn't that important to me. I think the expediated one says you'll get it in 6 weeks (max), and we were only at 8, so it wasn't that big a deal.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I didn't even realize you could order them online - the DoH website can be such a pain, I can't ever find what I'm looking for.  We mailed our request for extra copies about a month ago and haven't received either - original or certified copies. 

I'm not changing my name until post-honeymoon (which is in November), but I'm still anxious to get the "official" proof of our marriage!
  • Options
    burichanburichan member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone. I'm changing my name tomorrow at work...  but I don't have any official paperwork. I'm hoping it won't be a problem!
  • Options
    carrieoz_76carrieoz_76 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The only place so far that's required proof is the bank.  I'm going to wait till I have the certificate to change the financial stuff, but otherwise, I say change what you can (if you're doing it that way :) )!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards