Hawaii
Options

Hair & Makeup - Dorys (O'ahu)

Hi ladies!

I've just kinda ventured into looking for H&MU stylists for the big day! My WB recommended Dorys Foltin/Maleana cosmetics. I think it's just going to be getting these professional services, so I can't make the $250 minimum to have her do it onsite. I have no problem going into the Kaimuki shop to get my hair and makeup done!

Has anyone used Dorys? thoughts? I want something fresh and natural, I don't normally wear a lot of makeup but I want to look good and have my natural beauty enhanced of course! I'd love to hear your thoughts/recommendations too if you have anyone else! TIA!

Re: Hair & Makeup - Dorys (O'ahu)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    oh ps - I'm nervous about booking someone I've never met before, and I'm not going to be back in Hawai'i until April. I'm afraid that's going to be too long to wait (6 months before the wedding)... ahh How can I make this decision?
  • Options
    ~BFF~~BFF~ member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi!  I booked Dorys on the recommendation from my WC.  I had a consultation when I booked her and this past weekend had my trial.  I had airbrush make up and fake eyelashes.  It felt light weight and lasted all day.  I don't wear too much make-up except eyes: eyeshadow and liner.  Of course when you first look in the mirror it seems like a lot, but I think it turned out nice.  Dorys is pretty easy going and flexible too.  I would recommend her based on my consultation and trial.   Here's a few pictures, kind of blurry though.

HTH!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I haven't used her, but here are some reviews on yelp:

http://www.yelp.com/biz/dorys-foltin-honolulu
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    thanks jaymers... I think I'll keep looking around at more reviews! Beth, your H&M looks great!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards