Hawaii

Has anyone used "Our wishing well" registry?

Hi everyone,

I'm finally trying to do my wedding website, but since I have writers block, I thought I would start on the no brainer parts Smile.  We have already registered at Macy's & Williams Sonoma, but I really wanted something where people can just contribute cash.  I don't know if that sounds tacky or anything, but what we really want is a house.  We are in a one bedroom place right now and don't have tons of room for presents.  I had my first bridal shower at the end of December and all of those presents are in my parents garage.  So, I thought the wishing well sounding nice.  I would love to hear your thoughts or any other suggestions.  TIA!!

Jennifer

Re: Has anyone used "Our wishing well" registry?

• carrieoz_76carrieoz_76 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think there are gracious ways to encourage guests to give money instead of gifts like registering only for a limited number of items (but still register for something!) and passing around your preference by word of mouth when asked, and through your parents and family.  But money registries are generally frowned upon.  It's like telling guests at a birthday party "I'd rather just have cash."  
  • edited December 2011
    Ditto Carrie. Those are really your only two ways of going about it (limited registries and letting OTHERS spread the info by word of mouth - make sure you're not the one doing it).
  • joseph.renzijoseph.renzi member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Jennifer,

We have used OurWishingWell and thought it was great. It is a professional and elegant way to help obtain the things that you really want rather than money going to waste. Our guests were really happy that they knew we were getting things we needed and they found it really quick and easy and personal.

Highly recommended.
  • joseph.renzijoseph.renzi member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Jennifer,

we used OurWishingWell and it was great!

It is a professional and elegant way to help obtain the things that you really want and avoids money going to waste.

Our guests were really happy that they knew we were getting the things we needed and they found it quick and easy and personal.

Highly recommneded.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone for your input.  I really appreciate it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards