Hawaii
Options

South Maui welcome dinner locations?

So, we're looking for a very casual and affordable location, preferably with outdoor dining.  I've been thinking about maybe Lulu's or the Tiki Lounge, but I'm not sure if either will let us hold space, which I think we'll need.

Any input on either of these locations?  Other suggestions?

Re: South Maui welcome dinner locations?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    South Maui:

Gian Dons
    Fred's Mexican Cantina (very casual)
    Cuatro
    Five Palms
    Stella Blues
    Joe's (a Gannon restaurant)
    Gannons
    Tommy Bahamas
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I know ther Lulu's in Waikiki holds space and has a special events person so my guess is they would have the same in Maui.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are looking at the Tiki Lounge for our welcome dinner, and they are willing to hold a space on their outdoor deck.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    akan66akan66 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would recommend Stella Blues, Tommy Bahamas, or Mateo's.  Mateo's sits just above the Shops in Wailea, and has a great outdoor deck and fabulous pizza!  We're going to have our welcome lunch at Tommy Bahama probably!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    mauidandymauidandy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have a GREAT Maui dining book that my Dad emailed to me in a PDF file. If you would like a copy, let me know! Shoot me a message with your email. It reviews almost all of the restaurants on Maui in detail. I was drooling yesterday as I scanned through it.
    andrea and ryan . june 2010 . maui.olowalu
    My Planning Bio
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had a cocktail and pupus happy hour with our wedding party at Mulligan's on the Blue. They set up the food and seating outdoors and it was perfect. You can email Julie Kean who can help you put everything together, she is super nice. julie@mulligansontheblue.com
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Andrea, could you e mail that to me?
    Silverlegacyga at yahoo dot com
    Thanks so much!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Andrea, could you email that booklet to me as well, for the website?
    brittana * @ * ak * dot * net

Thanks!
  • Options
    carrieoz_76carrieoz_76 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Andrea - I'd love it if you could email me a copy of the booklet.  IMy email is carrieoz_76 at yahoo dot com

Thanks everyone!  I'll check out your suggestions.  As always, you all are super helpful.
  • Options
    fabutanfabutan member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'd also vouch for some of the restaurants that have already been mentioned...  Tommy Bahamas, Mulligan's on the Blue, Gannon's (Seawatch), Joe's, Five Palms.  We tried most of these places during our scouting trip, so let me know if you want further details.  :)  Some of the resort hotels also have some nice dining options, so you might want to check them out (prices might be steeper though).

• Options
    edited December 2011
    My parents went to Cafe O'Lei a few times and really liked their restaurant.
  • Options
    aliblualiblu member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Andrea, could you email that to me as well? ararick at kc. rr. com? Thanks!
    AliBlu | 6.8.2011 | My Bio-Updated 3/3
    Visit Maui.Weddings.com Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    weikyweiky member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Andrea - I'd love it if you could email me a copy of the booklet.  My email is weiky13 at hotmail dot com
    thank you!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards