Hawaii

Flower AND Veil?

Hi girls,

So I will be wearing my hair half up and will bea wearing a white phalaenopsis orchid. Does the flower takes the place of the veil? I would assume it does.

However, in a way Id LOVE to wear a veil but I think it would be too much. Am I wrong? I havent been able to find a pic of both being worn with a half up do. What do you guys think?

Re: Flower AND Veil?

• carrieoz_76carrieoz_76 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have a pic of it in my bio under Beauty, and HI knottie Angelshann did this as well.  You could search for her and look for her recent wedding pics - they were gorgeous!

I think it's more common to do one or the other, but you really can do both.  I'm going to keep the flower relatively simple and white and the veil is elbow length with satin trim on the edges - also simple - so they don't overpower each other.

If I don't like them together, I may just do the flower, though.  :)
  • edited December 2011
    i'm in the same boat!!! i've purchased a beautiful flower clip and i want to wear my hair half up half down and feel that a veil would be too much. I think it's just going to come down to trying them both on with my dress and seeing how I feel about it. Some friends have advised doing just the veil for the ceremony and then just the flower for the reception.
  • edited December 2011
    My girlfriend wore both.. Veil during the ceremony and we put the flower in after the ceremony was over before entering the reception. Just an idea for doing both.
  • MissP.MissP. member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good idea I never thought about wearing a veil for the ceremony and a flower for reception! I guess we will just have to wait till I get my dress and try both on. THANKS!!!
  • koolee143koolee143 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wore both.  I actually never considered whether i should wear one or the other.  Way to think ahead!   The wind kicked up a bit after the ceremony, and I ended up taking off the veil.  The flower adornment came in handy then. :)

)
  • MissP.MissP. member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Koolee that looks beautiful! I guess I was imagining a shorter veil and that didnt feel like it would look right. But I love the way you wore it! Thanks for the pic!! =)
  • edited December 2011
    I'm wearing both.  I'm also planning to wear my hair half up / half down.
    I'll know for sure next week after my hair trial :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards