Hawaii

Did you share your planning bio with vendors??

Just wondering, did you share your planning bio with vendors and did they find it helpful?  Or did they find that to be a weird over-the-top idea?  ;)

I'm thinking about centralizing wedding inspiration on a website and sending it to vendors.  But not sure how much they'd refer to it.  Plus they might be weirded out and think I'm an overly obsessed bride....  lol  :)

Re: Did you share your planning bio with vendors??

• aliblualiblu member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I shared it with my photographer, and I am also facebook friends with her as well. I feel like its a good way for her to get to know me. Also, one of my videographers contenders wanted to see my bio, so I sent her the link. But other then those two, I havent sent it to anyone.
    AliBlu | 6.8.2011 | My Bio-Updated 3/3
    Visit Maui.Weddings.com Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • sld0618sld0618 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I haven't shown anyone but a couple of friends and they thought I was over the top, so nope, probably will not show anyone else, haha!!
  • edited December 2011
    I shared mine with my event designer, Debbie from Pacific Event Group, she found it really helpful.  She got exactly the look I was going for, and gave me more suggestions on vendors and organization.  
  • destiny1108destiny1108 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We shared eveyrthing with our WC but not everybody else.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.weddings.com/Sites/Weddings/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_hawaii_did-share-planning-bio-vendors?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:73Discussion:bd373b57-141b-4920-9eba-84f3c3b30feePost:c950c5ee-e762-49e5-b714-81f4d10ba30e">Re: Did you share your planning bio with vendors??</a>:
    [QUOTE]I haven't shown anyone but a couple of friends and they thought I was over the top, so nope, probably will not show anyone else, haha!!
    Posted by sld0618[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I happen to love your bio, im browsing it now and the photos are great, I love the one of the bridesmaids in pink (makes me wanna make my girls wear pink even though they all seem to want a diff color) and all the hair inspiration photos are similar to what I want. I wish i had the time and patience to create a bio as thorough as yours!

</div>
  • kimmykupcakeskimmykupcakes member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

I only did a bio because you all had them. Smile But, my gf who is doing my invitations has viewed it and says she enjoys looking at it.  We've been friends since we were 14 and live in other states so it's a way she can be in the know with the planning.  It also helps her know what I am looking for which in return helps me because she tries to find the same stuff for me.

• cryssvcryssv member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_hawaii_did-share-planning-bio-vendors?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:73Discussion:bd373b57-141b-4920-9eba-84f3c3b30feePost:c950c5ee-e762-49e5-b714-81f4d10ba30e">Re: Did you share your planning bio with vendors??</a>:
    [QUOTE]I haven't shown anyone but a couple of friends and they thought I was over the top, so nope, probably will not show anyone else, haha!!
    Posted by sld0618[/QUOTE]

I also took a look at your bio after this and you have clearly spent a lot of time on it.... and so you should, it's a creative way to throw yourself into your wedding planning and be excited about it. I hope your friends comments haven't discouraged you from sharing your bio with people -you've done a great job!! Don't let people take the excitement away from you.... I've certianly dealt with my fair share of haters as well, it's disappointing when they can't share in your excitement but don't let them take it away from you... it's your time to shine girl (well .... I guess your FI can have some of that light too ; ) !!!
    451x156 proportions
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • AKWinterBrideAKWinterBride member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Nope, my bio was created really, for The Knot.  But, I like to have everything centralized in one spot as well.  I was just going through my email to print off anything wedding related to have in a binder so that if something weird comes up, I have our correspondence. 

On that note - I am Facebook friends with my photographer, my ex-photog (pregnant), and my coordinator. 
    Photobucket Photobucket Anniversary
  • sld0618sld0618 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks girls, I'm just really organized with this all and it's nice to have my ideas on one thing.  I think they just think it's over the top because they're not in our shoes.  I have more stuff not on the website so if anyone needs more inspiration, just message me!
  • carrieoz_76carrieoz_76 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No, but I sent them lots of pics.
  • edited December 2011
    I might have shown it to Joanna, but that's about it. I felt it was too stalkerish/weird otherwise! LOL!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards