Hawaii

Finally have a place to stay!

We have finally booked our trip to Hawaii. We are staying at Lawai Beach Resort near Poipu Beach in Koloa. Has anyone stayed there? Now we have made reservations for August 20-27. That is as far as I have planned. It will just be the two of us so no actual wedding. I am going for as stress free as possible. I am so excited, but now I have to research the area and find someone who can marry us! Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks for letting me share.

Melissa
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Finally have a place to stay!

• edited December 2011
    Aw, that's exciting! I haven't heard of the resort; you'll have to be sure to share your reviews!
  • carrieoz_76carrieoz_76 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Haven't been there, but we loved Poipu and especially Koloa Town.  Make sure you pop in to the fish market for poke at the end of the little shopping area in Koloa (there's only the one - you can't miss it :) ).  

Just please please please don't feed the fish.  We saw more snorkellers feeding fish (despite many warnings about how bad it is for the fish/environment to do that) than I've ever even knew existed.  You can see buckets of fish without feeding them - please don't do it.
  • edited December 2011
    You won't have to worry about that. I can't see us feeding the fish. FI is not looking forward to snorkeling at all. Thanks for the info on the fish market.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • AKWinterBrideAKWinterBride member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OMG, I would never feed fish!  The only thing that makes me love snorkeling is that a fish has never touched me!  If they did, I think I would have a heart attack. 
    Photobucket Photobucket Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards