Hawaii

Would it be weird??

Ok so I am having an AHR for friends and faimly who could and couldnt make it to HI. For our wedding, we are getting married on the beach, and then  having a luau reception. Is it odd not to have a cake at the luau reception, and just do the cake at the AHR?

Re: Would it be weird??

• edited December 2011
    If you don't want to have cake, there's nothing wrong with that!
  • cryssvcryssv member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not doing a cake at our ceremony/ Maui part. I'm not sure how many guests you are inviting but I have about 25 immediate family and close friends coming to our ceremony - we will be married on the beach and then either head back to one of our condo's for food and drinks or go to a luau..... which ever we choose will be pretty low key. We aren't doing any traditional stuff reception-wise in Maui - it's all being saved for our AHR where we will do cake, toasts, etc.
    451x156 proportions
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • AKWinterBrideAKWinterBride member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Absolutely nothing wrong with that!  To be honest, when you are in Hawaii and you're all hot and muggy - cake doesn't sound that good.  Bottom line:  it's your wedding and you can do whatever you feel comfortable with! 
    Photobucket Photobucket Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    nothing wrong with that as PP said!

we're doing an AHR too. We're not having a cake but some yummy desserts.

It's your wedding so you can do whatever you want :)
  • edited December 2011
    I say save the cake for the AHR and enjoy some type of local sweets like a pinapple upside down dessert or hula pie with your guests.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards