Hawaii
Options

florals: when is too much?

Hey ladies,

On one hand, hey it's Hawaii.  Why not be decked out in flowers?  On the other hand, do you think it's too much for the bride and/or b-maids to wear a flower in their hair, a lei, and have a bouquet?    Opinions??

Re: florals: when is too much?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I think 3 is overkill, just because it would be too distracting. I say do a bouquet (if that's what you're really interested in) and either hair flower or lei.
  • Options
    fabutanfabutan member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I also think two out of the three would be the maximum to go with.  Otherwise they might start looking like hula girls instead of BM's?  lol!  I guess it depends on the type of look you're going for.  :)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    My florist told me to stick with 1 for the Bridal party.  We're doing the Lei exchange so I will have 2 but I'll probably remove the lei after some pics.  My MOH will have a bouquet, my flower girl is wearing a wreath in her hair.  I still have no idea what I'm doing with my hair lol.  This is going to be interesting lol
  • Options
    mauidandymauidandy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My BMS are carrying parasols and wearing leis. They have the option of hair flowers if they want them. I think that's a nice way to balance things out, and it was cheaper than doing BM bouquets.
    andrea and ryan . june 2010 . maui.olowalu
    My Planning Bio
  • Options
    ETweetETweet member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with those above; maybe pick two. The costs of all three will add up quickly as well. Personally I am a fan of a flower in the hair and possibly a bouquet.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    As the bride, I had a flower in my hair and bouquet for the ceremony.  For the reception, I also had a lei, but didn't carry my bouquet around.

For my BM, she just had her bouquet.
  • Options
    carrieoz_76carrieoz_76 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My BMs will have a smallish DIY bouquet of orchids and a small hair flower (the clay ones you get at the outdoor markets on the islands).  A lei would definitely be overkill.

What feel are you going for?  I've been aiming for vintage, whimsical and a little  understated tropical/Hawaiian, so I'm trying to rein in the more over the top elements ::looks at dad with his loud Hawaiian shirt idea::
  • Options
    destiny1108destiny1108 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    at the most hair flower and bouquet, but if budget doesn't allow just stick with bouquet
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards