Hawaii

Condos for Rent to Host a Very Small, Private Wedding?

Hello Hawai'i brides!

I'm writing on behalf of a friend of mine who doesn't speak English, but is interested in getting married in Hawai'i.  (Actually a Vegas bride myself, although we did consider Hawai'i!)

She would like to host a ceremony/reception for about 8 people (incl. the bride and groom and immediate family) at a rental condo and was wondering how to go about it.  She would probably like to have the condo for 1-2 weeks, for the wedding/honeymoon and family would probably only be staying for 3 days max. with them for the prep/ceremony/reception before returning to Japan.

What kind of price range is she looking at?  I would assume it varies from island to island..?  Or is this not even possible?  She figures she could have a person come out to do the ceremony and hire a caterer.

Thanks for any help/advice!

Re: Condos for Rent to Host a Very Small, Private Wedding?

• edited December 2011
    Well... condos vary in price (and appearance) dramatically, so that will play a big part in it. Is she thinking like a big NYC style loft space?

I know the condos where we stayed often had small weddings out on their lawns. She can absolutely get a chef to come in and cook/caterer a dinner afterward too. I feel like I'm not being very helpful here. Is she going to want one large condo for everyone to stay in for the three days, or will guests be getting their own places?
  • edited December 2011
    I would suggest checking out www.vrbo.com There's a ton of rentals on there and she will be able to get a generic price range depending on how fancy she wants to get.
  • sld0618sld0618 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

She's going to need to find a place that allows the ceremony and reception.  It's an extra permit that a lot of people don't do.  The condo I rented has a max # of ppl allowed at it at all times.

• mizutamababymizutamababy member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you ladies for all the advice!  I will definitely pass those sites and info along to her- at least it will give her a head start on planning.  =)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards