Hawaii
Options

Sugarman Estate Review?

Hi - I'm planning a destination wedding in Maui, Hawaii and looking for any recommendations on venues, photographers, videographers, etc. Specifically, we're looking at Sugarman Estate and would like to learn as much as possible about the estate.

Any info you have is appreciated. Thanks!

Re: Sugarman Estate Review?

• Options
    mrsTsaimrsTsai member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My fiance and I checked out Sugarman Estate (also know as makena estate) a few days ago. It's an amazing place. Lots of trees and beautiful green lawn. We loved it. The only thing that held us back from booking this venue was that you need to provide porta potties if you have over 35 or 50 guest. I can't remember that exact cut off number. 

• Options
    edited December 2011
    BoBride was married at Sugarman.  I'm getting married there (you can check my planning website for more info).  Lissamarie80 got married there recently, but I think she is just getting back from her honeymoon.  

You can check the Maui wedding planning website (link in my siggy) to read debates about Olowalu vs. Sugarman.  There's also other info on Sugarman there.  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Welcome to the boards!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hello..
    Sugarman was absolutley beautiful. I would get married there again and agian. To be honest I don't even remeber seeing port a potties.. I had 60 guests and I think that most of the guest used the house. So not a deal breaker for us. My only suggestion is definitely get a tent.. The chance of rain at Sugarman is too great.. We had a tnt as back up and we had to move under the tent due to the rain. It would have been much easier to just set up under the tent originally.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards