Alabama

XP AW: Hair and Makeup Trial - PIP!

My mom is doing my hair and makeup for the wedding, and we decided to do a trial run today.  I love the way my hair turned out, but I think she went a little heavy on the makeup.  She doesn't think so, and even though I know that you're supposed to wear more makeup than usual on your wedding day, I still feel like she went too heavy on the eyes and a little too heavy on the mouth.

So here are some pics.  At first we thought we'd use the flower, but then my veil looked unnecessary.  So we took out the flower.  PIPs are below.

Closeup of my face and makeup with the flower.  You can't really tell, but we wrapped a piece of my hair around the rubber band and it looks like my hair is tied up with my hair.  It's really elegant.

Longer shot of me in the dress.  Please ignore the mess on the bed, lol.

My hair with the veil (also put on my bolero jacket).

Also, do any of you notice how my dress bunches up around my tummy?  I can't make it quit doing that and it drives me nuts.  It's just one of the many things driving me to buy a different dress...
image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

100/100 books read in 2012
17/100 books read in 2013

Re: XP AW: Hair and Makeup Trial - PIP!

• hckaczynhckaczyn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's hard to tell with the lighting, so I'm not sure if the makeup was too much, but to me it looks good! If you feel like it's too much, though, definitely let her know what you want. Above all you should feel comfortable with how you look.

I think the flower is really cute, but I see what you mean about it clashing with the veil! Are you going to take off the veil for the reception? You could replace it with the flower that way. I really like your curly side ponytail!

And yeah I noticed the bunching of the dress too. Has it been altered yet? My dress did that because it was just a teensy bit too small when I bought it off the rack. Now that it's been let out a little, it lays flat and perfect. If you want another dress though, now's the time to get it!

You look great!
    imageAnniversary
  • edited December 2011
    You look great but you definitely need to be comfy on your big day!  You have some time to play around with the makeup and determine what to do with your dress.  Good luck!  Keep us posted on progress!
  • edited December 2011
    The dress has a corset back, so I'm gonna try to put it on with the waist area of the corset loosened up and see if that helps with the bunching.  If not, I'm gonna get a thick/ruched sash to wear around my waist to just cover it up.

For the reception I will (at some point in the night) be changing into a different dress that's easier to dance with, so I think I'll get a silk flower in one of my wedding colors (white, black, and red) to wear in my hair with that dress.

Thanks for all the help, ladies!
    image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

100/100 books read in 2012
    17/100 books read in 2013
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards