Alabama

Outdoor wedding venues (and photographers) in the Huntsville area

My fiancé and I are planning to get married in May 2014 in the Huntsville area. We currently have a budget of $5000 for the whole wedding.. Which I'm finding to be very challenging! I know about the obvious venues like monte sano, burritt, annabella, guntersville lodge, Tate farms, botanical gardens, etc. I also stumbled across a new place last night called the Winchester manor which is beautiful and has the "meadow" kind of peaceful feeling I'm looking for, but it's $2700 which obviously takes over half my budget. Does anyone know of anything else? I wouldn't be opposed to even using the grounds of someone's private farm or gardens that arent listed as "wedding venues," although i would obviously compensate them. In addition to the venue problem, the most reasonable quality photographer I've found is $1800. I am a bit picky as I do photography on the side myself, but I'd like to find someone around $1000. I hate to sound like a cheapskate, but I simply can't spend $15,000 on a ceremony. Thanks for the help ladies!! :)

Re: Outdoor wedding venues (and photographers) in the Huntsville area

• There is a pavillion and marina in Decatur (I think it is called Ingall's Harbor) or something like that and I think it is REALLY cheap to use (I had heard one time it was free).

I got married at Creekside Plantation in Mooresville last September and it was beautiful. They were supposed to be having a barn site too but I don't know how much it is.

Good Luck!
  • For photography, Olive Yew Photography.
  • oops- heres the link! oliveyewphotography.com
  • Thank you so much ladies, I love both of your suggestions!!
  • Hi, im an event planner,photographer, event decorater would love to discuss very very affordable options with you! Mr8mrswilliamsgmail.com 2056754515 Photography packages as low as 150 Event planning fees 200 I have portfolios for viewing
  • Have you looked at the Huntsville Art Museum?  When we were looking, the lady quoted me $500.  It's not really the "meadow look", but it is in the park and backs up to the water.  We are getting married at Tate Farms, but having the ceremony off site (my mom works for a hotel, so we got the ballroom for no cost plus they don't allow alcohol)  and that cut the cost of the venue in half.  If you knew of another site for you reception, that may make it more affordable.  I also really liked Tate Farms, because we only have to add very minimal decorations.  For photograpy we are using www.photochickphotography.com.  Her cost is less than 1k and I think she takes very nice pictures.  I am also working on a budget of around 5k, so I am definitely feeling your struggles!  let me know if you have any other questions, I know I can use all the budget advice I can get!
  • Wedding Chapel on the Mountain might fit in your budget.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards