Alabama

He is from AL and in Iraq, I am neither.... I need HELP!

Hello all... I hope you're all having a lovely day! My fiance was born and raised in Alabama and I am from Boston. He has told me that the chances are slim that his family members will come to the wedding if it is in MA and therefore I am happy to have the ceremony in AL. However, he is currently in Iraq and I am living in Chicago! I have no idea where to have the ceremony or reception, and I need to figure it out before places are all booked up! ANY advice or suggestions are appreciated! Please and thank you.

Re: He is from AL and in Iraq, I am neither.... I need HELP!

• hckaczynhckaczyn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What part of Alabama were you looking to get married in?
    imageAnniversary
  • edited December 2011
    if you want to have the wedding close to Birmingham, I have tons of venue info on my blog - The Bama Bride

• edited December 2011

It might be helpful for you to work with a wedding planner in Alabama.  I am a wedding planner, and I would love to help you out if you would like.  I am actually  currently working with another bride from Chicago that is getting married in Alabama.  My e-mail address is beckysbrides@yahoo.com

• JaclynManeyJaclynManey member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Let us know where in AL he is from and we can go from there.  Also, if you have an idea about the size of the invite list, when you plan on having your wedding (so we can tell indoor or outdoor venues)  Are you going to have a church and then reception somewhere else or everything at one location?
    Loving the journey. January 2011 Board July Siggy Challenge: The Dress! image
  • edited December 2011
    Sorry everyone! Thanks for your posts. I thought I posted this weeks ago but I am kind of new to this thing and clearly made a mistake. He is from Wetumpka and we are April/May of 2011. I don't know the state map that well but am guessing anywhere that isn't hours away would be best. Thanks again and please let me know! You are all wonderful!
  • hckaczynhckaczyn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi there,
    It looks like Wetumpka is outside Montgomery. That's not a place I know well, but when I looked it up online I found a place called Jasmine Hill Gardens which looks GORGEOUS. They do indoor and outdoor weddings. http://www.jasminehill.org/

I wish I could help more, but I live at the northern part of the state near Tennessee and I'm not good with any other city. Good luck!
    imageAnniversary
  • crg122crg122 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Montgomery is pretty central to the other major areas of the state.  Only about 2 hours south of Birmingham and exactly 2.5 north of Mobile.  So if you can't find anything in that area--keep in mind that a beach wedding or the many venues in B'ham would be easy drive for his family.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards