Ohio-Columbus
Options

n.bank park alcohol

Hi All,

I'm considering booking N.Bank Park for a reception and was wondering from any of you who have used them before, who are their alcohol "vendors" and how much did they cost you?  I know that you can spend a lot on this and am concerned before I book anything.  I don't want to lose money on hidden costs/outrageous alcohol prices.

Also, any good cheap caterers you recommend since they allow anyone?  Did you have to rent your own linens?   

We are trying to stay between $5,000-$8,000 for our budget of possibly 100-150 people.  

Thanks in advance!!!

Re: n.bank park alcohol

• Options
    edited December 2011
    ok... so this wont be much help.  BUT
    Im having my ceremony there and my reception at the capital club.  But when I first started looking into it i found that a couple things that might help you if you already dont know....

You have to rent the place for a minimum of 6 hours... it is 200 an hour normally but if you plan on serving alcohol the hourly rate goes up as well.  I would call the city and ask them all your questions.  They require that you have a bartender from a certain place and that you use certain vendors.

hope that helps a little
  • Options
    cml214cml214 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi! I'm doing my ceremony & reception at North Bank next August. I originally started with a budget of about $7k for 150 people, but I think it's going to end up more around $10k or so, mainly because of food. To rent NB for 6 hours it's $1200, plus you have to pay $150 for an alcohol permit if you want to serve alcohol at your wedding, so the minimum it will be is $1350. I've found though that you have to rent it a few hours longer so your vendors can get in beforehand and set up, etc. We're renting it for 9 hours, so it's basically $2k for the facility. Then, if you have more than 100 people you have to rent a tent, which, depending on what size you get, is another $500-$1k. So it really helps if your wedding is small : ) When we booked NB, they gave us a list of their alcohol vendors - most of them are caterers that also do the alcohol, but one place is JUST bartending, so you could use them, and chose any caterer you want that isn't on the list. But no matter who you chose, they just serve it, you can buy it from anywhere, so it's still very cheap. We haven't decided on our vendor yet, but most places charge like $2-$3/person for soda, water, bar napkins, and then either plastic or glasses at the bar to serve the alcohol in, plus an hourly charge for the bartenders. If you are doing a full bar (liquor in addition to beer & wine) then it is probably more because the bartender would have to provide mixers, garnishes, etc. If you want the preferred vendors list send me an email at: clabenne@gmail.com and I'll send you a PDF of it. I picked NB because I figured it was still cheaper than a lot of other places I looked at, you can save tons if you find really cheap catering, and you won't have to decorate much because the building itself is just gorgeous!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you so much for your tips/information.  This helps a lot.  I actually think that we're now going w/the Jessing Center b/c they pretty much do everything right there for you and it's included in the catering price.  I know that I would be freaking out about the details and things getting delivered/set-up on time at n.bank.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards