Ohio-Columbus

Scioto Reserve as Reception Venue?

Hey everyone... what do you think about the Scioto Reserve off of Home Road as a reception venue? What are your overall opinions?

Re: Scioto Reserve as Reception Venue?

• alishingleralishingler member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I'm having my ceremony and reception there, so obviously I'm biased. With that said, I love the modern feel, it reminds me of an upscale hotel. Something that won me over was that pretty much anything is included in the minimum. I found other places that had the same minimum and I wasn't able to reach it with just food and drink with my expected number of guests. Scioto reserve allows you to apply most anything to the minimum making it easier to reach with some extras...for example, I'm having a spa day at Kinsale (their sister country club) and FI is buying groomsman gifts in the pro shop (good if your into golf) and he could do a golf outing if he wants. It was nice for us to know we can apply other wedding expenses toward the minimum and we won't be wasting any of the minimum that we already have to pay. Hopefully this helps...good luck. 

• edited December 2011
    we went to scioto reserve for the wedding experience last year and scioto reserve was gorgeous and we thought the food and drink was very good.

if we were getting married in columbus this would likely be the place we would have our reception.
  • edited December 2011
    I looked at Scioto Reserve for my reception and fell in love with it.  I loved the modern feel & look of the place and really liked the big windows overlooking the golf course.  The bridal suite was an added bonus.  My FI & I went and looked at it and since it was a little more than we budgeted, we sat down with my parents to discuss it.  We went back 2 days later ready to sign a contract and when I got there, someone had just come in to sign for my same wedding date.  I was willing to change my wedding date but they were booked the entire summer of 2011 and I didn't want to push it into the fall.  We ended up booking Worthington Hills Country Club but I had my heart set on Scioto Reserve.  Hope you like it as much as I did.
  • osumegsosumegs member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with everyone else. Had they been available on a Saturday, they would have been our first choice by far. As it was, they only had Sundays available by the time we started calling. The only negative is how far it is from the rest of "Columbus," but I don't perceive that as a real problem at all. It is absolutely stunning.
  • edited December 2011
    I just got married there and it was fabulous.  Couple of suggestions, make sure you bring something and specify you want the leftover cake.  They didnt end up bring all ours out and we only got the top tier back.  Also keep an eye out for little extra costs.  Since they do not have a full time venue coordinator and hire wedding planners to do it, we had a few surprises that she didnt know about until close to the wedding.  For example 200 to rent the piano and 200 to put our table linens and put a napkin ring we made on (we bought them and brought them in).  Other than that everything was beautiful and went so well and they are willing to do whatever you want (costs may apply :) ).  We got married outside which was a beautiful setting.  I suggest the martini bar, they made them strong but were a huge hit with out guests!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • futuresharpsfuturesharps member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have to agree! My cousin is actually getting married there next year and I went and took a look at the place with her, it is wonderful and the people there seem very nice and helpful.  I know she is very satisfied with everything that she has going on there and they are also doing both the ceremony and the reception there. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Awesome. Thanks everyone! Let's cross our fingers and hope it will still be available on my date! :)
  • casims3casims3 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My brother is having his reception there next year, and my fiance is a member there as well. I LOVE it there! We would've booked our reception there if my brother hadn't gotten engaged first. Also, one of the guys that runs the place is married to the owner of the Cake Studio, so they throw in a cake for free - added bonus!

I would book asap because when my brother went to look at it, they already had dates in 2012 booked. Crazy!

Also, In response to a previous post, I think they do have full time event planners on staff now, which is helpful.

Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards