Delaware

"The Pros"????

So my FI found this website called ThePros.com.  They claim to do photography, videography and DJ for only $1995.  I am highly skeptical.  Anyone heard anything about them?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: "The Pros"????

• edited December 2011
    Run, as fast as you can, and don't look back.  I replied on the Philly board, but felt so strongly about this that I am replying here as well.

The problem with the Pros is that they don't hire professional, decent photographers, and they don't pay them enough and what they do pay is a flat rate- so there is no incentive to do good, decent work.  I have heard so so so many times of weddings where the photog (and video guy, too) sat around and did absolutely nothing, and the few shots they got were of backs of heads, or blinding light shots, that type of thing.  And since you can't pick your photog (regardless of what they say- they are famous for saying you can, you pick the one you want, and then a few days before telling you that that person is unavailable and assigning you someone new), you have no guarantee of work or professionalism.

And ditto on the emails.  They get ahold of your email, they sell it to third parties, and they never stop emailing you-even if you ask.  It almost borders on harrassment. 

Also, apply this to any large photography corp- including Bella Photography and the one that David's Bridal deals with (LJM or something like that?  Any help, anyone?).

Honestly, I would take this out of your FI's hands- my fear is they will use their con tactics on him and he will end up booking, and forever regretting it.  Take charge when it comes to this, because I really don't want to see you disappointed with your service the day of and your photos of your only wedding day.

The girls on here can give you great advice- you don't want to fall into their tactics.  Do the research on them online- look up reviews, and read them, you will see that most of them are negative and bad.  We can help recommend a great photog, and of course you will need to meet with them in person and make sure you click with them and that they are what you want and all, but you are better taking the time to meet with several independent photogs and actually getting the person you book with, instead of taking the risk of even going to a Pros showcase.
  • wicked_faerywicked_faery member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    do u have a strict budget that u need to keep within for photog, video, & DJ? if so, what is it? knowing that will help us recommend vendors if u need ^_^
    ~~~~June 15th 2011~~~~ Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic My Planning Bio - Updated Nov 2nd
  • edited December 2011

Ditto everything MBR said.  I have only heard horror stories!

September 2011 August Siggy Challenge- Drag Queens!! imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • JayElleJayCeeJayElleJayCee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah I wouldn't do that. Anything that sounds to good to be true usually is!!!! There are sooo many photographers in the area that have great prices and do great work. Definately keep looking! I really feel it is sooo important to know who your photographer is going to be and have a connection but also love their work.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Santorini2011Santorini2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I called them and they stalked me for a year, EVEN AFTER I SAID I WASN'T INTERESTED! I went to a showcase that they put on and it was nice to see. You do get a feel of who the DJ, photog, etc are and their work.

I know one bride who had a great experience with them but a lot have bad feelings towards them.
  • ChadAngelaChadAngela member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well, happily I was able to sway my FI with the force of you ladies' arguments.  He said he's not even gonna bother calling.  YAY!  And, tonight, he went through and looked at all the photogs and videos I had so far found recommended on here and gave me his opinion.  What a wonderful man!!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • sbabiarzsbabiarz member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have heard awful things too.  I was actually turned off by them because I was at the Great Bridal Expo in Philadelphia, and they had me give them one of my coupons and called me multiple times a day, every day, and emailed me CONSTANTLY about a stupid showcase they were doing.  A friend of mine at work used them and he said that the pictures they got were dreadful: people were only half in photos or they were cropped weird!! 
  • ChadAngelaChadAngela member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So, today I was looking at my browser's toolbar.  Low and behold...there was a button for "The Pros"...Have NO idea how it got attached to my toolbar!  I didn't put it there!  What a shadey place!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • wicked_faerywicked_faery member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_delaware_pros?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:77Discussion:ced44908-73f9-4f13-a7d7-e9a3c5be2944Post:27c9de91-2e7c-403c-b846-4f6e4d217819">Re: "The Pros"????</a>:
    [QUOTE]So, today I was looking at my browser's toolbar.  Low and behold...there was a button for "The Pros"...Have NO idea how it got attached to my toolbar!  I didn't put it there!  What a shadey place!
    Posted by ChadAngela[/QUOTE]
    if u have the newest version of IE & u accidentally dragged the tab with the pro's website on it the wrong way, it could have made a favorites quick-link. there's no way that a website can adjust you toolbar on it's own. someone manually has to activate a change like that.
    ~~~~June 15th 2011~~~~ Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic My Planning Bio - Updated Nov 2nd
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards