Ohio-Columbus

photos in columbus ohio

I'm getting ready to do my engagement photos but we are new to the Columubs area and need some ideas for locations....HELP!

Re: photos in columbus ohio

• edited December 2011
    There's always Ohio State's campus...There are some neat grassy areas, along with the Shoe. Not sure if you guys are Buckeye fans, but that is an option if you are. Also, there's the arch in the Arena District. http://www.waymarking.com/waymarks/WM3863 Also, German Village has just some cool architectual details and has an older-town type feel. If you want to take some cute pictures through there. When I was talking to the lady at the Renaissance Hotel, she said there were a lot of nearby alleys to take pictures in too, but I have no idea exactly where they are. There is also the Topiary Garden. http://www.topiarygarden.org/ HTH. Good luck.
  • edited December 2011
    What about the Arboreum (sp?) out towards Newark? It is really beautiful, I had my senior pics done there in the fall and they turned out wonderful. They have a lot of cool plants and even a bird santuary (if I remember correctly) there. And a lot of ponds/lakes, benches, etc that make for good pics.
  • edited December 2011
    We just did ours in the Short North, along High St - lots of different alleys, stoops, store fronts - and then also some in Goodale park - plenty of different areas, like a bench, gazebo, flowers, trees, swingset - whatever you like!
  • edited December 2011
    Short North and Arena District are pretty popular, and if you are Buckeye fans, then Ohio State's campus is great! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 323 Made the List!
    image 114 Are ready to Dance!
    image 12 Can't make it!
    image 197 Forgot how to use Snail Mail!
  • edited December 2011
    Franklin Park Conservatory is beautiful!
  • edited December 2011
    We had our e-pics taken along North Bank Park and in the Short North because we wanted a more urban feel (while although we appreciate the flowers and trees, we're not really "outdoorsy-naturey" people). We had some of our wedding pics taken at Jeffrey Mansion, which has some beautiful spots for photos. We live in German Village though, and there are some beautiful architectural backdrops here. Ultimately, where you take your pictures really depends on the look you want and your personalities, and chances are somewhere in Columbus will have a good place to give you that look and feel.
  • edited December 2011
    thanks for everybodies help, these should be great

• brih86brih86 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We did ours at Jeffrey Manor in Bexley.  It was beautiful!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards