Ohio-Columbus

Best Kept Secrets in Columbus

Hey Knotties! 
My SO and I are collecting inspiration right now. I'm interested to hear about your favorite venues, dress stores, caterers, bakers, florists, etc. I've read a lot of the vendor reviews but it'd be great to see some favorites all in one place. Let's hear it!

Re: Best Kept Secrets in Columbus

• osumegsosumegs member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Favorite Venues: Creekside at Gahanna, Franklin Park (anytime but summer/spring), Darby House

Favorite Dress Shop: Bella Laccio (amazing, though smaller and newer)

Cake: Anita Kline (I've had it at a couple weddings and it was amazing every single time)

• Ungargirl16Ungargirl16 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Here are my fav's:

Venue: Walter's Commons - Bexley
    Dress: Bella Laccio Bridal - Westerville **I Love my dress!!
    Alterations: Linda Hine - Polaris area
    Suits: Ticknors - Polaris Mall
    Make up: Alison Feamster
    Florist: Flowers on Springtree lane (haven't bought them yet, but my friends' flowers were amazing).
    Caterers: Mass Appeal - Bexley
    Cake: Undecided... (help)?

Stacey :)

• edited December 2011
    Stacey, can you PM me the contact info for Walters Commons? 

Great info ladies. Keep it coming!
  • edited December 2011
    I would say it would have to be the Capital Club.  Im having my recetion there and it is beautiful but most people dont even seem to know what or where it is.  Its downtown and they have two different rooms for weddings.  One hold 100 and the other holds 150.

I have the bigger room which comes with its on cocktail room and a huge balcani.  I love it.
  • edited December 2011
    Venue: The Blackwell (Blaire, the coordinator there, is worth every penny!)
    Dress: Bridal & Formal, Cincinnati, OH (one of the largest selections in the country and a dress in every price range :D)
    Make up: Alison Feamster or Ericka Reid
    Florist: Flowers on Springtree lane (LOVED them!)
    Cake: Anita Kline -- she was the best by FAR and best in price as well.  The sweetest lady!  Book her early though!
    DJ: Capitol City Sound
    Photographer: 808 Studios Photography :o)
    Pianist: Doug Hare

All of our vendors were wonderful, and we wouldn't have changed a thing.  Best of luck to you!
  • edited December 2011
    Photographer-Annie Thress AMAZING to say the least
    Make up- Alison Feamster
    Hair-Shannon Goode
    Venue- Dublin Coffman Park, Lori is so willingly to work with you
    Cake-Tg Patty Cake

• LizLVWLizLVW member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Venue - J. Liu's Restaurant and Bar Worthington (very modern and amazing food)
    Church - St. John's United Church of Christ downtown
    Dress - Wendy's Bridal (I know others have had bad experiences here but my time shopping was great!)
    Flowers - Flowers on Springtree Lane
    Cake - Anita Kline
    DJ - Undecided for sure but probably Platinum Music Productions
    Photographer - AddVision (super cool, chill guys)

Happy planning!!!!
    image 263 Invited
    image 178 are ready to party! image 51 are so missing out image 34 are making me crazy!
    RSVP Date: May 7th
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    PhotoGrapher-Gay sharp out of Canal..shes amazing

Dress -Perfect Weddings in Lancaster or Universe Bridal in W. Lafayette OH

My venue is in Logan OH didnt think anyone would be interested in that. lol
  • KellyRVTKellyRVT member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

Venue: Clintonville Women's Club. Most people don't even know it exists, right next to the Park of Roses. No rental fee, paying about $45/pp for sit down dinner including 3 passesdapps. Use of centerpieces included. Did I mention the cake is included in the price too (bakery in Powell makes it)? And  Kristen who does the booking is wonderful and serves as your wedding coordinator. Oh, and you can bring in your own alcohol. :)  It isn't as opulent as some of the other places we considered, but we are saving a TON of money and using the remainder of the budget for our absolute dream honeymoon.

Photographer: Benjamin Davis and Azar are the two we are trying to decide between right now. Both do amazing shots.

Dress: Catan's Bridal in Strongsville. I am wearing Vogue Royale by Maggie Sottero (love love love it!). I went to Wendy's and the woman helping me was less than helpful and just overall burned out.

Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for everything ladies! These are excellent suggestions.
  • mandriettimandrietti member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Here's who we're using and I've had great experiences with everyone so far!

Reception: Conference Center at Northpointe
    Church: Our Lady of Peace in Clintonville
    Cake: Suisse Shop - each piece is like dying and going to buttercream heaven!  Don't even both looking anywhere else!
    Rehearsal Dinner: La Scala
    Dress: Wendy's - Cincinnati (I live there)
    Photographer and Video: Michael Bambino Studios (Cincinnati)
    Flowers: Deciding between FOSL and FOOL
    Music: Big Daddy Blue Band and DJ - through Class Acts

PM me for any more details!  GL!
  • CfellersCfellers member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This is such a great thread. I'm getting married in June and just now getting to planning everything!

In re: to the 'Cake??' Question: I make them on the side. Custom cakes, sculpted, wedding, special occasion, etc. I'd love to help you out if I can. Because I do it on the side I'm significantly cheaper and (I think) easier to work with.

• edited December 2011
    I have been to 19 weddings, with 11 of them being in Columbus. After this past wedding I have to say BoMA is my favorite. Prior to that it was a beach wedding in Grand Cayman at sunset.

BoMA would be easier to get guest to show up and would be much less expensive due to airfare to Cayman.

Jess
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards