Iowa-Des Moines

Our Wishing Well??? Have you heard of it?

Has anyone used this website?www.ourwishingwell.com/">

http://www.ourwishingwell.com/

My fiance and I have lived together for 4 years and don't need too much, but didn't want to sound greedy asking for money. What do you think??

Re: Our Wishing Well??? Have you heard of it?

• edited December 2011
    If I were you, I would avoid anything online as much as possible.  I assume some of your guests are computer-illiterate so they may not want to get online to do this; they may not even have internet let alone a computer.  If you did use the site, I suggest going to Target or some place and register for gifts as well.  My FI and I already have a lot of stuff for house too, so we will probably register for things like games and crafts, on top of household items.
    I checked out the site, but I feel very leery of it.  I couldn't find out much information about it without registering, so that bothers me.  I hate not being able to find out ALL the details before signing up for something.  I'm curious about all of the details of the site.
    That's just all my opinion.  Good luck!  Smile
  • edited December 2011
    We used OurWishingWell and we loved it.

It provided a professional and elegant way for us to obtain the things we really wanted, and it was not like asking for cash.

Also, for people who are not comfortable with the internet, we gave them the toll free number and they can contribute to the registry over the phone.

The staff we very nice and very helpful. Highly recommended.
  • edited December 2011
    I personally don't like the idea much, although as Farmgirl mentioned, it's difficult to tell much about it without signing up. I really don't like that there is a fee on both ends - when someone provides a gift and when you withdraw it.  As a guest, I prefer to buy a specific gift off a registry because it seems more personal than just giving cash or gift cards.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards