Ohio-Columbus

Columbus Wedding Cake

Can anyone recommend a bakery/baker in Columbus, OH for a simple, standard wedding cake that is actually AFFORDABLE?  I am looking for a simple 3 tiered cake for about 100 guests, and all I want is a simple white cake with buttercream frosting!  All bakeries around are charging over $300 + whether I want something simple or elaborate with elaborate fillings...hardly seems fair when all I want is simplicity :(  I am very close to going with a Wal-Mart wedding cake because nothing comes close to affordable pricing for something so simple!

Any recommendations from Columbus brides? :)

Re: Columbus Wedding Cake

• BCsGalBCsGal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using Short North Piece of Cake for our wedding cake - we are feeding about 160 people for $420.  It was one of the less expensive places I found.  It seemed to me that under $3/slice was pretty good.  One way to cut costs is to do a kitchen cake too.  You have your cake that is displayed, but then you have sheet cakes in the kitchen to cover the rest of your guests, it is a lot cheaper than getting a bigger cake that needs to be decorated.  I have also heard really good things about Costco's cakes and they are wayyyyy cheaper than wedding cakes from bakeries.  I don't think they do tiers and stuff, but if you want to save money, I heard they are yummy.  We are getting a Costco cake for my shower.  I have just accepted that as soon as you attach "Wedding" to anything, it instantly becomes more expensive. 
    Christina & Brandon - August 7, 2010 Anniversary
    My Planning Bio | My Married Bio | FOR SALE!
  • edited December 2011
    Scroll down the page. Someone posted last week about the same thing.
  • Freckles27Freckles27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try Lady Di Cakes or Alice's Piece of Cake.
    Worst case scenario, go with Giant Eagle.  Their cake is fantastic!
  • edited December 2011
    We are using Elegant Icings. The lady lives outside of Columbus, but she is very cheap and does it out of her home. The tasting was delicious. She has a website too.
  • edited December 2011
    Check out Anita Kline in Dublin.  She is amazing... the NICEST woman you'll ever meet.  :)  Her prices are the best around town for the cake you get.  :)  She'll do anything you want!  Good luck!  She books super fast, I hope she's available for your date! :D

abcj22@earthlink.net

• aldavisaldavis member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're using Enticing Icings (Delaware) and are paying $2/slice.  I think she was planning on raising prices shortly after we booked her in September, but I'm not sure when or what it will be changed to.  She's letting us do just about anything we want for that price (only fondant and gum paste flowers cost extra).  
    A
  • edited December 2011
    Giant Eagle makes very nice cake and they are pretty affordable.  My friend had a beautiful cake from there and it tates good too.
  • Stephanina123Stephanina123 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone! Great ideas! :)
  • Brit12Brit12 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Call up Laura's Catering - affordable, tasty and fun.  http://www.lauras-catering.com/
  • prudence1126prudence1126 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Suzies Cakes!  Cheap and amazing!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards