Iowa-Des Moines

Paris-themes in Iowa?!

Hello ladies!

I wanted to check with all of you first if you have any tips or suggestions. My fiance is fluent in French and is absolutely in LOVE with Paris. Hes lived there several times and it really is a huge passion for him.

I would love to bring some pieces of Paris into our wedding and I'm not sure how. Its not specifically Paris-themed. Our wedding is this January at the Temple. Ive tried to come up with some ideasm, such as learning my vows in French (but I think I would be too nervous to do that very well!) to doing some sort of french-themed groomscake. Im really just stuck! If any of you have any suggestions I would be glad to hear them! Thank you :-)
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Paris-themes in Iowa?!

• edited December 2011
    You can bring it into the table decorations at the reception.  For instance, framed photos of different sites in Paris... or postcards.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited December 2011
    We are doing a travel theme, so not totally Paris but we do have several elements of Paris included because I love it!  Our guest book is going to actually be postcards from various locations that we will slide into a photo album later.  You could use all Paris postcards.  Our programs are in the shape of luggage tags and I used 12x12 scrapbook paper for the covers that have travel items on them.  I was at Michaels last week and I know I saw Paris paper there.  We are hanging picture framed on the pews at the church and they have pictures from different locations in them.  Our tables are all named after places we have been or want to go and each table has a photo on it of that place.  That is all I can think of for right now, but I hope that gives you some ideas.  
    Anniversary
  • Rachael45Rachael45 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks girls! That does help! I'm really excited about surprising him with this :-)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • ceceibsonceceibson member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There's a shop in Valley Junction called Paris Flea Market that has lots of cute things.  I just googled it and came up with a Facebook page which has more information.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    What about a Paris-themed groom's cake?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards