Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

bridesmaids dresses WWYD

sooo... im debating on where to get bridesmaid dresses. The place where I got my dress they would have to order dresses BUT they make them theirselves and can custom them so they fit each girl how they should and such and would be around 200 BUT  we can have both colors we are having in the wedding which would be nice but A. do i want to have my girls pay that much for a dress? even though i want the shorter cute ones which they could most likely wear somewhere else (like out downtown or something) because I do want all 5 girls to have the same dress (I know im kind of picky) or B. just find a different dress that we would have to order and thats the dress from a store that all girls might not agree on. hmmm i just dont know... what would you do??
Teagan Rae 8-21-12 born on due date/ 9 lbs 4 oz 22 in

Re: bridesmaids dresses WWYD

• graysquirrelgraysquirrel member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If it were me, I think I'd ask the girls if $200 is doable for them right now. Even though I totally understand you wanting to get the perfect dress, it may be much more than some girls can afford if they are feeling the crunch. For option B, why would the girls not agree? Is it a dress that they can't try on? I would make sure that each girl  at least feels comfortable in the dress before ordering. For our BM dresses, I'm giving the girls a list of dresses and colors and we are all deciding together. I want to make sure that each is comfortable with herself when they walk with me.
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    I agree with squirrel. $200 to me is up there and worth running it over with them.
    I also asked each girl one thing that was a HELL NO for a dress. Every girl said they must have straps. So that helped and I was glad because I wanted dresses with straps.
    After that process I got most of the girls together for dress shopping. The ones that were not there were given pictures of the dress we found and each liked it. Which was nice. Don't worry about them wearing it again. Every Bride says that and 99.9% of the time they don't.
    For me the person I had to argue with the most was my mother and not any of the BM. Imagine that haha.
  • edited December 2011
    how about davids bridal/ im not at that phase yet of planning, but you could try them.  i know i want mine to all wear the same dress too, but im not too picky about the hair.  i think i will ask each girl to pick 3 dresses she likes, and hope to GOD they all pick the same 1! lol! anyway, its your big day, you pick!
  • katiereimerkatiereimer member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we actually did look at davids bridal the other night and found 3 that i like and i do still want to look around more. its just still an option that i am considering. and their not all the same size so some didnt like how they looked in dresses that others did.
    Teagan Rae 8-21-12 born on due date/ 9 lbs 4 oz 22 in
  • golden1215golden1215 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Having just been in a wedding where the bride did what you're looking to do, have each girl get a custom made dress in the wedding colors (they ended up being $240 each, before alterations) I can say I def wasnt happy.  It was a ton of money to shell out for a dress you'll wear once.  Because, no matter what anyone says... people never actually re-wear BM dresses.

Now, if you're girls all said $200 is okay when you asked them their budget then I guess it's okay...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards