Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul
Options

Vendor Reviews - 6/19

Hey all, I've been pretty MIA on the boards since my job change (so most of you new girls probably don't know me), but I'm finally getting around to doing my vendor reviews. Venue - Summit Manor, Saint Paul. A This was an untraditional site, which is exactly what FI and I were looking for. We did a Friday night wedding (7pm ceremony) and served hors d'oeuvres after. The reason I loved this place is that they took care of everything -- food, location, cake, centerpieces, linens, etc. I didn't have to rent anything, which kept the planning process pretty low-key and, in the long run, more affordable. The food and cake were FANTASTIC, even though I was a little apprehensive because they don't do tastings. David, the owner was so helpful throughout the entire process and ran everything really smoothly. We were also allowed to bring our own alcohol and pay a rate for their bartenders which was great. I know this site isn't as popular on this board, but I definitely think it should be. My only gripe was that my guests kept leaving the front door open as they went from the mansion to the porch. Every time I walked by, the door was open, which made keeping the manor cool on the humid June evening pretty difficult. Flowers - Lund & Lange, Saint Paul. A+ We found these people because they had a booth at the state fair and had 10% off coupons. We worked with Dawn who was fantastic. A little awkward, but great. I still shopped around other flower shops, but ended up going with Lund & Lange because their prices were great. We did all gerbera daisies with lemon leaves, and I couldn't be more happy with how they turned out! Dress (bride & MOB) - Dena Marie, Roseville. B+ I used to work at a local bridal store when I was in college, so I had pretty particular ideas of what I wanted and the price I wanted to pay. I visited about 7 shops before I got to Dena Marie without much luck. When I got there, I found two dresses I absolutely loved, and due to my internet researching, I knew they were having a giant sale 2 weeks later. Of course, they never told me that, but when I asked, the consultant was happy to tell me all about it, so I waited it out and went back 2 weeks later to get my dress. The only reason I didn't give them an A is that every time I went in I felt hassled to look through their invitation books, tux options, and bridesmaid dresses. Bridesmaid dresses - David's Bridal, Woodbury & Roseville. C David's Bridal is exactly what all the stereotypes say. I wanted all my BMs to have different knee-length dresses but wanted to make sure they were the same color. Since most of my friends are fresh out of college, I knew David's would be the most economical place to do that. Of course, the service was TERRIBLE, especially the Roseville location. Even if I made an appointment, the snooty girls there would act like I was majorly hasseling them. I would give them an F, but the dresses turned out gorgeous and there were no ordering problems -- even when one bridesmaid found out she was pregnant and had to exchange her dress. Guys Attire - Kohl's, Roseville. A+ We wanted the guys in brown, and wanted something more casual look than tuxes. Kohl's had great brown suits, and like everything else at that store, they were consistantly half off. We rounded up 10 guys to go to the Roseville location one day, and the sales people were fantastic at making sure there were enough sizes in stock and, for the ones they didn't have, finding convenient locations that did. Photographer - Studio J, Stillwater. (unrated) I had major drama finding the photographer, as FI's parents were paying for it and they really wanted this guy. I was very against him, but to avoid in-law drama for the rest of my life, went along with it. It wouldn't be fair to rate them because of the bias... Accomodations - Country Inn, Woodbury. A I didn't deal much with these people, but they gave us a free wedding suite (which we gave to someone else) and beat any other prices I found. My Accomodations - St. Paul Hotel, Saint Paul. A What can I say, it's the Saint Paul hotel! It was beautiful, our stay was great, and all the wedding extras were fantastic. Honeymoon - Ocean Coral & Turquesa, Riviera Maya, Mexico. A+ Our travel agent got us an amazing deal here, which let us stay here for 13 days for the same price we would have paid for a week in the Dominican. This place was a 5 star all-inclusive, and I couldn't have asked for more. Good food, great (and way too many) margaritas, and the resort was beautiful. Funny enough, FI actually got the swine flu when we returned, but it was so good that we both think it was worth it. Don't worry, he's better now. That's all I can think of for now. I'll try to get pictures up soon!

Re: Vendor Reviews - 6/19

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I was wondering what happened to you.  Thanks for sharing.  Can't wait to see pics!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    hkieslinghkiesling member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the reviews!  I was lucky enough to get a sneak peek at some of the pictures, and it was a gorgeous wedding.  I LOVE the location, but I'm a little biased since our reception will be there as well.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats Janet!! The day looked beautiful, and I'm glad you had such a great time!

Zuma Zoom
  • Options
    sweber_josweber_jo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm so excited to hear your great honeymoon review. We booked at this same resort about a month ago. Now I can't wait!Congrats.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It mustve been hard to go with a photographer you didnt want. I dont think I could have done that. The photographer was the first thing we booked and the one thing I would not skimp on. I hope they at least did a good job. Sounds like your wedding was lovely.    
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards