Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

Rehearsal Dinner Invite

My FMIL really wants to add the rehearsal dinner invite into the wedding invitation envelopes so that it's "more efficient".  I'm not so sure I like that idea.  My wedding invites are all planned/almost done and I just don't like the idea of adding another sheet of paper loose in the envelope.  Everytime I've been invited to a rehearsal dinner I've gotten a seperate invite a few weeks after the wedding invitation arrived.What did you guys do or what do you plan to do?  Is there etiquette on this?
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Rehearsal Dinner Invite

• edited December 2011
    We included the rehearsal dinner invite in your wedding invites. We had them made like the rsvp and map/directions cards. We sent them all to family and out of town guests. 
  • hkieslinghkiesling member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're including them in our invites.  Why spend the extra postage?  Plus, this way, the guests have all of the wedding info in one place. 
  • LittleSweetieLittleSweetie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We also included them in our invites as another insert that cascaded with the others.
    Our big girl, Cora, and our sneaky kitty, Roxy

Visit The Nest!Visit The Nest!
  • edited December 2011
    ooops! I missed that boat! ha
  • edited December 2011
    We didn't even do invitations to the rehearsal dinner--we did all that via email and personal communication.  But if I WERE doing a paper invite, I'd be inclined to include it with the wedding invitations--saves paper and postage.  Beyond personal opinions though, I don't think there's a right or wrong way to do this.
  • edited December 2011
    We didn't do an actual invite for the RD either. Instead, I put together a schedule, directions, etc. and emailed it to the members of our wedding party and family who were invited. Our RD is fairly small though - just 25 guests.
  • edited December 2011
    I sent out separate rehearsal dinner invites only because it was a much smaller group than the wedding. I wanted them to be more hand made and personalized. I went to Joann Fabrics to buy all the material used a cute little poem and info and mailed them out. My bridal party and close relatives who were invited loved them. I’m glad I took the time and money to do it that way.
    imageimage
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone!  I'll have to think on this.  I really wanted something different from the RD invites, something more fun and lighthearted as far as the stationary goes.  Maybe I'll talk to my FMIL again this week.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • doxx0048doxx0048 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ours will be a separate invitation because I wanted each invite to reflect the vibe of each event.  Our wedding invitation is very formal, etc - thus setting the mood for our formal wedding.  Our rehearsal is a backyard grill out and BBQ so I would like to have a more fun and brightly colored invite. 
  • edited December 2011
    Ha. I just texted all my friends and family, told them what was up for the rehearsal dinner. It worked out pretty good. I suggest that! =)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards