Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

BM Gifts

I have three BMs (my MOH is my best friend, FI's sister, and FI's best friend).  I decided to get them all the same thing, as my MOH is really the only one that I'm terribly close with, and picking a sentimental gift for the others would be pretty hard.  His sister lives out of state and is 17, and he tends to do things with his friend without me (nothing bad, just things I don't enjoy like horror movies and sushi and they're in a band together).  Consequentially, she and I aren't that close, and for those that remember the dress shopping issues from earlier, the supporting BM role hasn't been her favorite job so far.I decided to get them:A brown insulated lunch tote w/ their names on them A cream pashmina shawlA pair of cream isotoner slippesA fashiony make-up pouch with day-of accessories (hairspray, sewing kit, bobby pins, hair tie)Is this enough? Does it sound nice or not?Totewl slippers

Re: BM Gifts

• rkroerrkroer member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think those sound great!  I'd love everything in there if I was one of your BMs.  It's all useful stuff and shows thought was put into it.  <Thumbs up here!>
  • jaitkens23jaitkens23 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sounds like a great gift and practical too. The wraps are a great idea you can never use these enough!
  • hkieslinghkiesling member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks!  I was really trying not to get anything that said "BM" or "Wedding" on it, so they can use them again.  The shawls were a steal at $7 a piece on amazon (info in bio).  They're real pashmina and feel soooo soft.  With an October wedding, I thought they might get chilly in strapless dresses, so I think that part will work out nicely.
  • rkroerrkroer member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    where did you find them on amazon?  That is a steal!  My wedding is late May, so could go either way with cold/hot weather, and was thinking of giving them pashminas too....I know you said info in your bio but my work internet blocks bios from displaying (boo) --- could you give that info either on here or email?  rkroering2003 at yahoo dot comThanks!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not seeing the exact same posting, but I ordered mine at the end of last year.  The seller was CTM and there were a lot of color choices (maybe 25).  This is the same seller, but with few choices. The description sounds the same though.  It looks like maybe they broke the colors out into different groups.  Search amazon for pashmina shawl CTM.  They're $6 each. http://tinyurl.com/lhxbpb http://tinyurl.com/n8o4py
  • kersteaskersteas member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Great ideas! I would love to receive any of those things as gift, let alone all of them!
  • ericaandsyericaandsy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sounds great I wish I was one of your bridesmaids !
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies! As soon as the slippers arrive, I can finally get their gifts packaged up. I think I might throw in some bottled water, mints, and a power bar, too (closer to the wedding date, of course).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards