Ohio-Columbus

Old, New, Borrowed, Blue

Hey ladies!

A little something fun today:

What did/are you doing for your Old, New, Borrowed, and Blue?

I'm torn on ideas and I'm hoping this fun little game will help with some inspiration for me, and also others! :-)

Old- A lace hankie from my baptism or a diamond my mom wants to have remounted into something.
New- My dress and shoes
Borrowed- ?
Blue- Garter?

Your turn!
I iz not Bridezilla.imageI iz Veloceraptor!

FOR SALE!!.

Re: Old, New, Borrowed, Blue

• edited December 2011
    I did the following:

Old: My mom's veil
    New: Dress and shoes
    Borrowed: The earrings my sister wore at her wedding & my grandmother's ring
    Blue: The sapphire (my birthstone) ring my parents gave me when I turned 21.
  • KellyRVTKellyRVT member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Might do blue shoes :)
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Old AND Borrowed: A double-strand necklace of ivory pearls that belong to a very close family friend. The necklace is over 50 years old.

New: Dress and veil.

Blue: Shoes! :) I got some cute peep toes and had them dyed cornflower blue (one of our wedding colors). Love them!
    kissing

imageimage

BabyFruit Ticker

BFP: 10/26/11 EDD: 6/28/12

• edited December 2011
    Hmm....still trying to figure this all out, but my ideas so far:

Old: In my family, we don't really have anything from generations past.....I soooo wish we did. so this will be tough
    New: ummm...almost everything?
    Borrowed: I'd love to get something from FI's grandma. She has the only marriage that lasted in our families (my grandmother too, but she's in Portugal, not as easy to get something!)
    Blue: I am thinking of getting something sewn into my dress with our names and date with blue thread (theres a bunch of stuff like this on etsy). Also, I want to get the blue crstal "I Do" for my shoes!!

Also, I'm thinking of getting a penny to put in my shoe since sixpences aren't really that prevalent. Either put one in each shoe from the year we were born, or maybe one from this year to signify the year we were married. Although, if I do one from the year we were born, will that count as old?
  • csh96csh96 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

My thoughts currently are:

Old and Borrowed: The pearl necklace my dad gave my mom and she wore for her wedding 48 years ago.  My sister also wore it at her wedding.
    New:  Dress and shoes
    Blue:  Garter and/or maybe my shoes which I am hoping will be in teal

image &nbsp ? image
    Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Old:  ?
    New:  Dress and shoes
    Borrowed:  Braclet of my grandma's (guess that could count as old too)
    Blue:   Detailing on shoes
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Old - a rosary that was my Grandmother's
    New - my dress
    Borrowed - a handkercheif and a clutch purse from my Mom
    Blue - my garter
  • BCsGalBCsGal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Old- A blue broach from husband's grandmother - I pinned it to my bouquet. My engagement ring was husband's grandma's too, so that was old as well.

New- Dress, Veil, Shoes, Jewelry
    Borrowed- I borrowed my sister's crinoline from her wedding
    Blue- Besides blue broach, I also had a dress label from etsy (seller: MondeDesign) that my sister got me.  It was stitched in blue, and had my wedding date and maiden name monogram, the last time it would be used.

Christina & Brandon - August 7, 2010 Anniversary
    My Planning Bio | My Married Bio | FOR SALE!
  • edited December 2011
    What a great thread idea!

Old- My paternal grandmother's handkerchief. I didn't even have a something old until my dad gave the handkerchief to me when I was getting ready before the ceremony. She passed away when I was young. Let's just say, the floodgates opened when he gave it me.  Thankfully I didn't have my makeup done yet!
    New- My whole outfit and accessories. 
    Borrowed- My maternal grandmother's rosary. My mom and her family immigrated from Italy when my mom was a teenager, and Grandma's kept the Italian Catholic thing going (I mean, really Italian- kind of overkill with shrines and bottles of Holy Water hanging out in the kitchen, right next to the homemade wine). So she insisted I use her "most holy" rosary. I wrapped it around my bouquet (along with my other grandma's handkerchief and a charm with a picture of our cat).
    Blue- my Hanky Panky "I DO," my garters had a touch of blue, and my bouquet wrap in the Tiffany blue/aqua we used as one of our colors.

• AlliD11AlliD11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi! How fun is this! :)

Old/Borrowed: My grandmother's old pearl necklace that my mother  also wore on her wedding day.
    New: My wedding dress, Veil, and super cute deep red peep toe Shoes!
    Blue: Still working on this one! I'm thinking my garter??
  • sep72fendrsep72fendr member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I totally want to do a blue garter, but not a cheesy blue garter, something more timeless and classic with a hint of blue. I came across an etsy shop (the garter lady) and her stuff is GORGEOUS so I might splurge and get one of her sets.
    I iz not Bridezilla.imageI iz Veloceraptor!

FOR SALE!!.

• edited December 2011
    Love Garter Lady! That's where I ordered mine from. I got one toss garter that featured aqua/turquoise (one of the wedding colors), and that one was pretty cheap. I also got one that was in ivory and looked like it matched the lace on my dress, and that one I kept. I think she puts a tiny blue flower on the inside of every garter. She has so many pretty garters, and she ships really quick too! 
  • AlliD11AlliD11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm going to check out that garter lady! She sounds like she makes great stuff! I may splurge and purchase a really pretty blue garter also!! I don't want a cheesy one either!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards