Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul
Options

Okay two questions....

1) I am looking for advice on honeymoons. We would like to go to the caribbean somewhere and would like it to be all inclusive. So girls...any ideas? Where are you planning on going? Also...if it is not too personal, how much did it cost. 2) Cakes: I had planned on using Strawberry Hill Confection because she was so nice and the cake was good and afforable, not to mention she does regular and gluten free cakes!! Now my reception place is saying they need a 1 million dollar insurance policy. So anyone know a place that is in the same price range as S.H.C and carries such policy? Thanks!

Re: Okay two questions....

• Options
    slcwslcw member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ohhhh...I guess I'm not familiar with the insurance policy thing!! YIKES!  We just signed Melissa with Strawberry Hill Confection!  Whats the insurance thing? Is this something I'm supposed to know?? lolWe are going to Cancun.  We didn't want to go there, but got a 6 star diamond AI (tata) resort and airfare for $1600 for the both of us!  granted we got a discount because of family ties, but that's what we're doing!
  • Options
    Emily&DuncanEmily&Duncan member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Could you ask to see if you could take out the extra insurance instead of them? I know some of the venues we looked at required that we take out event insurance. We didn't end up needing to do this, so I'm not sure how it works, but it's something to look into. Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Have you talked with Strawberry Hill Confections about the insurance thing? They might be willing to get that much insurance if they are losing clients, I know we will be looking to use them for ours but I don't know if our venue requires that much insurance...
    Trying to Conceive Ticker "All that I'm after is a life full of laughter, As long as I'm laughing with you" Planning Bio image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What is this insurance thing about?????!?!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I asked my coordinator if there was a cake cutting fee or if they needed anything from the cake people and he told me that they had to show proof of a one million dollar insurance policy. Seems weird to me and I think he might be trying to get me to go trough buttercream. So i am looking into more.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That the cake people needed to show a 1 million dollar policy?  Why would they need that?
  • Options
    LittleSweetieLittleSweetie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It has to do with health code reasons. The venue doesn't want to be liable for someone croaking from a piece of cake or any of the food, so they require the vendors themselves to have these types of insurance policies - CYA. Our venue didn't require this though!
    Our big girl, Cora, and our sneaky kitty, Roxy

Visit The Nest!Visit The Nest!
  • Options
    Bimbi284Bimbi284 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Uhhhh....yeah I've never heard of this insurance thing either!I would talk to Melissa about it. She's doing our cake and is AWESOME! Perhaps she would be willing to speak with your venue or may have some ideas on how to get around it. If not, she may be willing to refer you to other bakers who may qualify.As for the honeymoon, I am completely biased, as it is my motherland...but go to Puerto Rico!! Awesome food, decent shopping, wonderful culture, great resorts, beaches, outdoor activities...the rainforest (El Yunque) is my favorite place on the planet, and most resorts will have tours to there. Not to mention, the original pina colada...like nothing else you've ever tasted! You could also do a cruise!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards