Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

Shopping on Etsy

For those of you that have shopped on Etsy, are there any tips that you can share to get through the 2,700 pages of wedding goods?  TIA!

Re: Shopping on Etsy

• LittleSweetieLittleSweetie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I started browsing at first, then if I knew I wanted something (garter, shoe clips, programs), I would narrow down based on the things I looked for in each one (GB Packer garter, etc.).  So I sort of had a direction in what I was looking for versus straight browsing.
    Our big girl, Cora, and our sneaky kitty, Roxy

Visit The Nest!Visit The Nest!
  • NuggetBrainNuggetBrain member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have never actually shopped on there per se, I always just put up an alchemy request for what I'm looking for.  I find I get a better price and more opportunity to customize that way.

If I wanted to hear the pitter-patter of little feet, I'd put shoes on the cat. image

• edited December 2011
    I've done both of what PP have already said.  I knew I wanted a tiara so that helped narrow it down, and with my garter I put in an alchemy request and had lots of bids to personalize it like I wanted.
  • edited December 2011
    I always typed in specifically what I was looking for, like "hair flower" or "wedding invitations"
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • hbach83hbach83 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've either just typed in exactly what I was looking for or used alchemy. Love me some Etsy!LS - did you really get a Packer garter? I must have either missed that in the photos or there weren't any photos of it.... maybe I just missed it. How RAD! :)
  • LittleSweetieLittleSweetie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yup! On Flickr and FB: http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2572/3883198190_e945d19eaf.jpg (Take out the because I'm too lazy to make it bit.ly.)
    Our big girl, Cora, and our sneaky kitty, Roxy

Visit The Nest!Visit The Nest!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards