Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul
Options

Bridesmaid Dress Shopping

Good Morning,   I am getting together with all five of my bridesmaids soon to check out bridesmaid dresses.  I've already been to The Wedding Shoppe, David's Bridal, and Raffine with three of them previously.  Are there any other places that you would recommend to check out?  I swear I have had a harder time picking out bridesmaid dresses than I did picking out my own dress.  TIA.

Re: Bridesmaid Dress Shopping

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Flutter Boutique has so many cute dresses!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Rush's has a ton of bridesmaid dresses, worth checking out.
  • Options
    Bimbi284Bimbi284 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just went to Mestad's in Rochester with my BMs this weekend and it was a success!! The lady that helped us, Amy, was great, without being too over-the-top or hovering around us unnecessarily. They have a great selection and a decent variety of sizes. Each of my girls is wearing a different dress in the same color and fabric, so that helps!
  • Options
    jaramlerjaramler member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I also had a much harder time with the bridesmaid dresses than my own, so I understand! If your friends are willing to go to Mestad's that could be worthwhile, as Bimbi suggested.  I didn't take them there because it was too far.  But they do have a pretty good selection. Otherwise, Dena Marie in Roseville has a smaller but decent selection of quality dresses.  Although they don't have a ton, they are very well organized and easy to go through.  I found their prices to be on the high side though.  We ended up finding the dress there but then I ordered them for everyone through Net Bride and each dress was $70 cheaper through Net Bride than from Dena Marie.  I had a good experience with Net Bride, so if cost is an issue (or you just want to save them some $) I highly recommend it! The other local place I looked, which is a bit far for you since you're in Cottage Grove, is Wedding Chapel Bridals in Crystal.  They, by and large, had the largest sheer volume of dresses.  It was almost overwhelming.  They take forever to look through, and some of them are really outdated, but they have hundreds and hundreds of dresses.  One negative is they cut out all the tags so you don't know the designer of the dress.  However it's possible to find out, by asking to see the swatch card.  Some of the swatch cards list the designer at the top.  Their prices are pretty reasonable too.  I also checked out Rush's a few times but I wouldn't really recommend it.  The sales people are really suffocating, and their selection is pretty minimal.  Also parking is a pain.  But anything they have you are guaranteed to be able to get through Net Bride since it operates out of Rush's.Good luck! 
  • Options
    jtothelee216jtothelee216 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, Everyone!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I second Flutter Boutique! I was just there yesterday and they have the cutest dresses (that girls would actually wear again!) and you get the whole place to yourself. The shop is so cute and the environment is very relaxed.I actually found my wedding dress there but decided against them for BM dresses based on cost...most dresses are $250+ and since a few of the girls would definitely need alterations it was just too much for me to ask them to pay.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards