Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

HELP: DJ or Entertainment Recommendations...

Congratulations to all of you.  I was a 2003 bride and avid Knot user in planning my wedding.  The reason why I am revisiting the site is because I trust your judgement as I know a lot of research goes into your decision making for the big day.  I am responsible for planning my corporate holiday party and was wondering if you could provide me with suggestions of a DJ or other kind of musical entertainment that you used at your wedding reception.  I need to arrange for someone and I am very nervous about pulling a name off the web without having some kind of review that I trust.Please help!  Thank you & good luck.Rebecca

Re: HELP: DJ or Entertainment Recommendations...

• LittleSweetieLittleSweetie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Take a look at the Minneapolis Bio - link in my signature.  HTH
    Our big girl, Cora, and our sneaky kitty, Roxy

Visit The Nest!Visit The Nest!
  • hkieslinghkiesling member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Neon Express gets good reviews on here.  I used PM Enterprises, and they gave me a pretty good price.  The DJ was good, but not great, mostly to do with not following my timeline very well for the "special" events like garter and bouquet toss.  He played a good selection of music and would probably be good for a corporate type event.
  • edited December 2011
    I used instant request and had Matt!!! He was amazing and super attenative :)
  • edited December 2011
    We are going with Neon Express. They are $250-350. Communication has been great so far and I have heard nothing but good things about them!
    Trying to Conceive Ticker "All that I'm after is a life full of laughter, As long as I'm laughing with you" Planning Bio image
  • Maria92609Maria92609 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We went with Midwest Sound and Light and they were great to work with.  Our DJ was Jaime, and he really did a great job accomodating all of our special requests and stayed well within our perameters as far as what kind of music we wanted, etc.  They also offer some great discounts if you have your event at one of their "preferred" locations.
  • edited December 2011
    We used Nightlife Entertainment for our wedding and our DJ did a great job.  I would definitely recommend them.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I will second Instant Request! We used them for our wedding in August and were very impressed. It was important to me to have a 'professional' (some can be so cheesy!) yet fun DJ and they were perfect. Our DJ was Lance.http://www.instantrequest.com/
  • Suszq002Suszq002 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are going with Neon Express.  They have been very professional so far and their prices can't be beat!
  • edited December 2011
    PIANO PLAYER MICHAEL LOONANhttp://www.michaelloonan.com/check out his link--- he was great!Better than any DJ
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards